cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS v11.1 and Windows server2012 R2 and Hyper-V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is anyone having stability problem with this setup? ADS v11.1 and Windows Server2012 R2 and Hyper-V.

We've migrated to this new environment this summer and two to three months later the environment has become unstable to the point that the we need to stop the Advantage Database service in order to stabilize the virtual server. We tried and move the database to a different server within the same setup and the problem arised on this other server about a month after being moved.

We've tried and install an older version of ADS (9.0) and this did not solve the problem. The server on which ADS is installed stays very unstable.

Where should we start? Anyone?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally speaking it should work though I am not aware of any specific testing with this particular setup.  (Most testing I believe is done with VMWare).

I have seen issues in the past where ADS ear marks a certain amount of memory for cache and then Hyper-V thinks it is actually in use and refuses to start or throws errors.  ADS only ear marks the memory but will release it as the machine indicates it needs more.

You may try and reduce the max cache memory.  See this KB Item

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=100210-2248