cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Connector Access Back-end System via VPN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to SAP HANA and investigating a solution for our html5 applications.

My question is it is possible for us to deploy SAP HANA Cloud Connector in Internet while it accessing our back-end systems via VPN? 

If yes, any tips or note, especially for "Mapping Virtual To Internal System".

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

please have again a look at the picture in SAP HANA Cloud Platform help portal: The idea of cloud connector is to establish a connection to SAP HANA Cloud Platform from within your intranet so that it's not necessary to have VPNs or Reverse Proxy setups. The Cloud connector should be able to reach all systems directly that it shall expose to HCP.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

Due to some restrictions we have at this stage, we have to put our Cloud Connector(CC) in Internet. And, I am now investigating a solution with AWS VPC. If it works,  then I could follow the information from SAP HANA Cloud Platform to configure Mapping Virtual To Internal System.

Thanks and Regards,

Iris

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Iris,

Actually, if the Cloud connector was available in the internet, you would not need it at all as the Cloud connector needs direct network access to the systems it shall expose. In this case, you could directly invoke the services you'd like to invoke - without Cloud connector.

Best regards,

Markus

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

perhaps it makes it easier to understand, if you think about it that way: "the Cloud Connector is like a VPN". So if you already have a VPN into you intranet, you don't need a "second VPN" - you can already access your backend systems through the VPN. So why install the Cloud Connector as well?

Best Regards, Ulrich

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,UIrich,

Thanks for your replies and sorry for my late response.

Because of some internal resource restrictions and unclear information I had at that time, I asked this question. And now, it is clear that we will have the CC within our intranet.

Best Regards,

Iris