Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple example for gateway and odata communication

Private_Member_15166
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Developers,

I am new to this sapui5 but i know javascript, jQuery, html. I need some help regarding my development.

In my development, i have a scenario that user will enter employee number in text-field and after pressing the button an adobe form will be generated with his personal information.

I have the ABAP code but i don't know where to implement it.

I have also a basic knowledge of SAP Gateway and i think this all abap coding will go there.

Someone please tell me all the steps in simple way, if it is possible through SAPUI5. No need to explain everything. Just the steps please.

Thanks in Advance

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

Below blog provides an overview on how to display data in PDF format. You can implement the steps similar to this and hope you should be able to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Gaurav.

Private_Member_15166
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks alot. Basically i was following the same document and really it helped alot.

Everything went well but i am getting a minor error.

I am unable to get the reason.

This is the error i am getting.

Thanks in advance.

Dhananjay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_15166
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone..!!!

I have solved my issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhananjay,

I am also facing the same issue. I am also getting 404 error.  After few seconds later if I refresh the page then pdf is displaying.  Could you please provide me how did you solve your issue.  Thank you so much.

With Regards,

Sudheer.

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanajay,

Scenario: As per my understanding, based on Employee number you need to populate all your employee details in PDF form from OData service using Gateway.

Recommended: You need to implement GetStream method in your Gateway Service Builder(SEGW), GetStream will help you to show the output formats as images, pdf's etc..

Helpful Links:

Regards,

Vijay V

Private_Member_15166
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

it's a helpful document. I have created a sap gateway by RFC and it's working through web browser as i checked.

now i have to design a textbox, and the value which will be inserted in the textbox, with that value employee data will be populated.

How to implement this step in sapui5, i know this is basic question but i don't know how to bind the data.

Thanks.

Dhananjay

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dhananjay,

refer below link,

http://www.spyvee.com/SAPHTML5_DemoKit/docs/guide/UsageInApp.html

Regards,

Vijay V

Private_Member_15166
Active Contributor