Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Long Wait for 'Debug Configuration' Pop-Up to Appear (Eclipse Kepler)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This being an ABAP forum I am sorry if my question is a bit misplaced, but I dont know where else to ask it.

I am attempting to debug a HANA procedure and when I open the debug selector

and click 'Debug Configurations...' it takes a VERY long time (several minutes) until the pop-up appears.

I have tried to update, but apparently I am on the latest version ('no updates available').

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I switched workspace and problem sovled!  The pop-up is instant as expected. Thanks to Jasmin Gruschke for the suggestion

HOWEVER follow-up question: the old workspace contains these projects (which I see when I switch back):

In order to get the projects into the new workspace I copied the files in folder '.HanaStudioSystemProject' but that did not do the trick :

How do I go about importing the projects into the new workspace?

0 Kudos

Good to know... you're welcome .

Jasmin

0 Kudos

The HanaStudioSystemProject is a hidden project that helps us to open and debug catalog procedures. Users should not import these, since they will be created on the fly when there is a need. Regarding other real projects… I think that we have some official documentation regarding how to import them into a new workspace.

Cheers,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This issue could be due to a system/server availability. If one of the connected systems is down or not reachable or has high network latency the debug configuration is slowly launched. The issue can be solved by logging off (or better deleting) the systems that are not available and reduce the number of debug configuration that are not used (those that are connected to deleted/unavailable systems).

Cheers,

Rich Heilman