Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with different cultures - both sides of the story

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the world of SAP projects it became increasingly common to work with nearshore and offshore resources. In Central Europe "nearshore" means more or less eastern european collegues and "offshore" mainly indian collegues or in some cases chinese collegues. Sometimes western experts might work in non-western environments for some time. We all have a different cultural background, history and way of working which would be good to understand on order to cooperate efficiently.

I for myself have studied chinese studies for one year at university (before switching to business administration) and I like private travelling very much including to destinations like India or China. Therefore I appreciate every project abroad but I also don't mind working with non-european collegues. Still there are always new things to learn in such situations.

What is your experience regarding this?

5 REPLIES 5

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been enjoying working with both. Always get to learn something new.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

I also enjoy this aspect of SAP consultancy. I think it wides the personal horizon.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

This is an interesting topic. It might not be easy to answers or replies. So, why have you made this a points-free thread?

Currently, you have no possibility to "reward" members who give you "quality" participation. 

TW

0 Kudos

Hello TW,

I have made it a points-free thread because I think there is no final or maybe even right answer.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Yes, agree with you about "maybe no right answers"! But in Career forum...there are seldom right answers but still we have threads with points. Further, (in my opinion) the helpful posts could and should be rewarded. Hope my point reaches you in the way I intend it to

tw