Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service plans

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

In service plans do i have an option to select the customer,date,employee,skill and the activity that needs to be done,so that when a new customer call comes in for my client  he can check the existing service plans for skills and employee before he assigns the service plan to the employee.What all details do i need to maintain so that i can check for existing service plans.Please guide..

Regards

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Chris_Schutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

The Service plan or Service contact is only defined to bill the customer and check the SAL (service agreement level)  , is a equipment is under Service plan or Service contact for a period of time.

To check the skill and assign the correct engineer to a service ticket , or have to look into a solution like SAP MRS (Multi Resource Scheduling) or a 3th Party Solution

Please flag as helpful . Thank you .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi,

Service Plan is a One Order Transaction which is basically used to for planning and performing recurring services of the objects. It is used as planning tool in the Service Planning Scenario so that the risk of unplanned downtime can be avoided. It helps in better management of Service Technicians, keep the backup ready in time of need.

Unlike any one order you can maintain, partner, organization, status, etc. Transaction Type data. Also you can create line Items and can maintain Item Categories as per your need.

You can check out the SAP Help for more information on Service Plan. You can perform a normal search on Service Plan in the SAP CRM Web UI to see the Service Plan templates.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak Chatterjee.

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response.As I mentioned in the main post I want to check for existing service plans for skills and employees before I assign a new service plan to an employee.Do we have this as a standard feature?If not can it be done in development(any new field addition etc..)

Regards

Jaya

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi,

I am not aware of how to assign a Service Plan to a Service Technician. In the standard scenario, the assignment process can start from Service Orders or Service Tickets. From the Order a Service Assignment is created which is a compact document containing information regarding the Task which a Service Technician needs to perform on a scheduled day.

While assigning a Service Assignment, the Resource Qualification is generally taken into account. There is an Add-On Module - WFD - Workforce Deployment available which aids in the mapping of the resource with the skills required to perform the service operation.

You can find information regarding WFD integration in SPRO and Sap Help site.

Let me know if you need any more information from my end.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak Chatterjee.

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information.

Can you please tell me how/where to create a service assignment from the service order?The where should i assign this service assignment and all?

Pls help

One more thing is WFD part of standard CRM?

Regards

Jaya

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayalakshmi,

Many thanks for your response.

You can find the complete details regarding the Service Assignment Functionality in the following link.

Service Assignment

In the Customizing you need to take the following path

SPRO --> Customer Relationship Management --> Workforce Deployment

Here you will get all the Workforce related functional settings. You can configure the following areas along with other related settings :

• Availability Template
  • Service Area
  • Job Function

Regarding your last question -->> WFD is not a part of the standard SAP CRM. Those customer who are interested to use WFD need to buy that Add-On and integrate the same with SAP CRM System.

Let me know if you need any more help from my end.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Samantak Chatterjee.