cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance issue in webdynpro java iview portal 7.0 version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using portal 7.0,if user click on the webdynpro java iview ,it is opening one view ,in this view having  create button.

If user click on the create button ,one view  will open after 3 min in production .but in development it will open immediately..

Please help me on this urgent issue.

Thank you in advance ..

Regards,

Vanitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If creation of iview is taking more than normal time, then the issue can be investigated through thread dumps on J2EE Instances. You need to reproduce the issue and capture 4-5 thread dumps at an interval of 30 secs. If possible, shut down all server nodes except one. This will ensure creation request going to only running server node. You may refer sap note sap note 710154. If you can't analyze the thread dump, you can upload with the thread and I will have a look.

Cheers,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Thank you for your reply, how can i investigate through thread dumps ,

could you please explain in details.

Regards,

Vanitha

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following wiki:

(JSTTSG)(Deploy)Thread Dump - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

If you are still having problems can you try as Tapan suggested and upload to this thread so we can have a look for you.

Thanks and regards,

Lorraine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorraine,

Would you tell how can i get the threads in portal 7.0 version.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have traces the data through RFC trace as shown below screen.

after activate the RFC trace, i have open application in portal, already opened wdj iview , it is showing one view , in this view one link to action screen element there.

If user click on this link ,after this RFC trace was record ,please let me know what is the root cause of the error , please find the Rfc trace details.

Please help me any one on this issue.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanitha,

Please try checking the rest three of the trace too.

It would provide little more detail.

Regards,

Am

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Am,

Please let me know rest of the three of the traces,then I will trace and let you know.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Would you please give your suggestions to reslove this issue.

its urgent . i will give full points.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply any one ..

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanitha,

I am talking about the screenshpot provided by you above where you have marked only RFC trace , please mark other traces for that user ie. SQL Trace, Enqueue Trace and Table Buffer trace, it would somewhat give more idea.

Regards,

Am

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Am,

if i trace the remaining things ,then i got lot of data how can i upload the data into this thread.

Could plz expalin or is there any alternate way.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please reply any one..

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please find the following code, is there any  performance issue.

//Execute List BAPI

ZRFC name_Input input = new Z RFC nameInput();

wdContext.nodeZRFC name_Input().bind(input);

input.setflag("F");

Zinternal_Input Details = new Zinternal_Input();

//Details.setAttr1(wdContext.currentContextElement().getEmpid);

//Details.setAttr2();

input.setNodeinRFC(Details);

wdThis.wdGetCompController().executeZRFC name();

is there any root cause to get performance issue in the application.

Please help on this issue.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply any one.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanitha,

I do not see any issues in the above code.

Just to confirm, did you test the FM / BAPI standalone directly in R/3? Is it taking the same time there also?

If the problem arises only when you make the RFC call from Portal to R/3, put an external break point in R/3 and debug and analyse the issue.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for your reply, could you please let me know how can i test the FM/BAPI standalone directly in R/3.

We have to find the root cause of this issue, so after click on the create button ,two RFC's are triggering when put an external break point in the two RFC's.

Please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanitha,

Just execute the remote enabled FMs directly in R/3 system. Set the required data in the attributes and execute the FM and check how much time each FM is taking for execution.

If you do not find any performance issues in the execution of FMs directly in R/3 system, then put the breakpoints on each FMs that are called on click of "Create" button and then try to find out the issue.

BR,

Anurag

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

Please use HTTPWatch to see why your request is getting late response. It might be that you get late response from back end system and due to that problem occurs.

Regards,

Ravi Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Maheshwari,

Thank you for your reply, we dont have permission to instal the HTTPWatch software in the system ,if it might be  backend  data load issue, how can i reslove this backend load issue.

Please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Vanitha

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanitha,

If don't have authorization to install software. Follow below:

1. Preview iView by opening iView from content administration and analyse the response. Is it taking same time, less time or more time?

2. Go to system landscape under system administration and test the connection, analyse how much time it is taking for successful connection.

If you have admin access then you can record the log by going to http://host:port/tshw.

Perform the above and post the result.

Regards,

Ravi Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Maheshwari,

Sorry for the delay reply, i have tested the following cases.

1)  if we click on the preview of the iview ,then it will open same time (3 min time).

2) what can i test the connnection under system landscape.

3) how can i record the log .

Please help me ,its very useful to me.

Regards,

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanitha,

Ask the Basis Guy to activate trace for the User Id that your are using to test.

The trace will give an idea on the data load issue and also you can check in SM50 transaction(normally basis guy have) at the time you are executing the application.

Regards,

Am

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Am,

Would you please explain how to check in SM50.

where can i trace the data in the following screen shot and explain in details.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Vanitha