Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE-Go-live in SAP FICO

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your valuable suggestions before doing this activity

We have gone live on July 2014 but now client wants to go- live again with new balances.Because client is using third party application in front-end.Due to data syncrination  data has not flown to sap properly so client  decided go -live again with new balances without deleting any master data.Also please note we have not run any depreciation till now.

So what would be the better approach to complete this activity successfully.

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, you need to reverse all the balances to make the financial statement version NIL. You can do this two ways;

1) Use initial upload template, change the signs of Dr. and Cr. to respective GL, Vendor, Customer balances. I think this would be cleaner approach since you already have templates from previous load

2) You can follow the aforementioned approach for GL balances, but for subledger if you want to avoid entry for every single line item, then you can extract the trial balance for AR & AP to find the closing balances, and upload the one number for each customer, vendor to make it NIL. Here, you need to perform extra steps to clear the open items through F-32 & F-44.

See what works best for you, I'd suggest option 1 which is straight forward reversal of previous upload.

Thanks,

Nirav

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I do prefer first option which will be safe and will not impact on any inconsistency of the data.

Here i have doubt about Asset accounting balances.Can i use T.code OAGL and reset asset balance because we have not run depreciation even for one month.so can i run OAGL t.code and reset asset balances.

what would be the better approach to reset asset balances.

Regards,

Diwa

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned that you did not run deprecitation, so why need OAGL which resets the posted depeciation. How did you upload the Assets balances earlier? Why a reversal of balances isn't possible similar to other subledger?

Your issues is simply balance reversal, do not fudge with this sort of t.codes where undo isn't possible.

Please read the thread

Thanks,

Nirav

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

We have to  reset Asset master data along with Asset balances.Because we have gone live on July 2014 and we have uploaded Asset balances till june 2014.Here after we have not run depreciation .Now clients requirement is we have to Go-live once again with new balances so we have to reset asset balances which i have uploaded through AS91 along with Master data and also we have to reset Asset Gl balances and we have to upload new asset values with new master data.

Please suggest what would be the better approach.

Regards,

Diwa

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the issue already.

OABL is another t.code which resets the data in CC, since you didn't post dep. so far, it shouldn't be issue, I guess. The only constraint I see is if the co.code is flagged as 'productive' in OBY6.

I never used this t.code but other threads around OABL suggests caution to run in prod. But, your case is different, where no transaction is posted in system so far, and you're wanting to cleans the previous load.

Try OABL in test client first to see if it helps.

Alternatively, you can use LSMW for AS92 to make the assets & Dep values as NIL, and later on delete the assets with AS06.

Either should work.

Thanks,

Nirav

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

I have tried same in test system by executing OABL t.code.All the master data has been reset after running this program.After completing this activity i have tried resetting Transactional data by using OBR1.it took 12 hours to delete all the transactional data but finally transactional data reset has been completed successfully.

So suggest me should i go with the same approach in Production server also.

Regards,

Diwa

0 Kudos

Dear Diwa,

For AR/AP you must reset the clearing document first. After that you can use F.80 (Mass Reversal).

Menu Path for transaction F.80

SAP Menu->Accounting->Financial Accounting->General Ledger->Document->Reverse->Mass Reversal

SAP Menu->Accounting->Financial Accounting->Accounts Receivable->Document->Reverse->Mass Reversal

SAP Menu->Accounting->Financial Accounting->Accounts Payable->Document->Reverse->Mass Reversal

Link for mass reversal:

SAP Library - Postings and Documents

Regards,

Ferdinand

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Diwakar,

It is difficult to answer this question because I don't know what went wrong at the first legacy data transfer.

Furthermore note 49563:                                               

"...                                                                 

b) Do not, under any circumstances, use legacy data from the first  

data transfer with legacy data transactions. It is particularly  

important to make sure that no new postings are made in the      

company code at the time of the second transfer.                 

..."   

best regards

Bernhard                                                            

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bernhard,

Thanks for your response

But what would be the better approach to reset the data and upload new balances.As far as asset accounting is concerned we have not run depreciation for one period also.

Regards,

Diwakar

0 Kudos

Dear Diwa,

It's better you reversed all posting first, don't try to delete any posting due to risk of inconsistency. Then you upload new balance to SAP.

Regards,

Ferdinand

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ferdinand,

Thanks for response....

You mean to say to reverse all the Gl balances.i can reverse gl balances but what about customer and vendor balances.How ever i cannot reverse Reconciliation account balances. if i want reverse customers and vendors individually it would take time.

Please help me on this...

Regards,

Diwa