cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles of SAP MM Consultant in Implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP, I want to know the roles of SAP MM Consultants in SAP Implementation (in ASAP Methodology) as other module consultants also have there roles in implementation.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Depends on what you mean by roles? It would depend on the project, what is being implemented and how cross functional the implementation is. If it is a purely MM implementation then the lead would be done by an MM consultant with possible additional FI resource or other relevant module experience as required.

In my experience, I have found much a consultant is involved would depend on the level of experience the consultant would have.

A consultant may be responsible for the whole ASAP Process to some degree.

blue print=>realization=>final prep/cut over=>go live support.

But I would expect that would be a consultant of some experience and possibly a management consultant. However, a consultant with lesser experience could also be asked to contribute to any of the stages mentioned above.

When I was new to SAP I was tasked with only the final phase, go-live support, however I did ask to shadow the final prep and realization, taking on whatever work was available thereby gaining experience and not before long was offered a place.

I hope this has clarified it for you if not ask some more questions

Kind regards,

Brendon