Changing currency of entity in BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a short question.

I have sap bpc 7.5 ms.

I have to change within a year one company from LTL to EUR (so they were
entering/uploading in LTL now in EUR).

I thought to create a new entity with new currency and to copy all values of previous
year from EUR of old entity into LC of new entity.

Do you suggest another way to change the local currency of one entity?

Thanks for your support and regards

Ciao

Chiara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks

ciao

Chiara

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chiara,

I think this is the best option, you have to mantain the hystory, the past consolidation are published so it's better to create a new code entity with the new currency copying the values in the new entity of the periods you need for reporting and carry forward.

I use normally 2 different categories "ACTUAL" and "DEFINITIVE", when consolidation is ended the users ask a copy from actual to definitive (this is read only and cannot changed also by packages) and after they can make corrections on actual, useful for the next consolidation.

Please remember to close this and the older solved thread assingning a "correct answer" and eventually "helpful answers". If you found by yourself the solution just add a message assigning yourself the "correct answer", this will help other users with the same issue to find quickly a solution.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiara,

just remind that your past data is in LTL.

Then if you will copy the reopening of the old entity to the new entity you should convert the LC-LTL in LC-EUR.

Regards

Andrea