Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write a functional spec document for a requirement in service plan

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am preparing a functional spec document for a client requirement in Complaints processing,where in I want to see  all similar types of complaints(based on the category of complaints) on screen.Can you please guide me how to write a functional spec document for the same.I mean to ask what are all the mandatory information (like fields/tables etc)that i should put in the document to pass it on to my tech consultant.Pls help with an example...

Thanks and Regards

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya,

I would say that there are many ways to write a FS. Maybe every big company has its own template. As it is the functional spec and not the technical one, I would say that you only need to describe what you want to see on the screen (like with mock-screenshots) or which functionality you want to have from a super-user''s point of view. All the technical details like which database table or function modules need to be investigated by the developer or technical consultant. I am currently in a SAP CRM Service in the technical role and that is the way we work here and I am fine with that. Unfortunately I am not allowed to send you an example.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Answers (0)