cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Error in Loading View Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing very strange problem , when I am opening any WD view while opening Loading view designer it is throwing me one irritating popup with message Script Error : An error has occurred in the script on this page. < Some Messages> then Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Either I select Yes or No it is not going anywhere and not allowing me to open the view. Kindly Help.

I have reinstalled the NWDS , checked for the updates did everything.

Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

does the view contain a WebWidget which trys to execute a custom javascript?

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tobias,

Thank you for your reply. I have created a test project and even without adding a single element on View its giving this error. I am getting this error when I am opening the view designer. Its not component specific.

Regards,

Mayank

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems very strange. Then i would suggest to download a complete new distribution (do not update your current version) of the NWDS. Be sure to fetch the latest PAT according to your server version. When you got this running, create a fresh workspace and try it again.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I tried everything. I reinstalled the NWDS , with the latest version and same patch level but it could not make any difference.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then this is probably some sort of client side problem. Permissions on filesystem, too long filepaths or anti virus (could have many reasons). Maybe try it on another client to validate that your nwds version works correctly (if you have the possibility to). Don't know what else could help, sorry.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried on all other machine where NWDS was installed , same problem. Recently IE version is upgraded to IE10 . I guess it is causing the problem. But anyway Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Mayank