cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI server: Change of IP-address results in error during Dev. Config. saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We had to move our NWDI-server physically and received a new IP-address. Unfortunately we now get an error during saving of the development configuration in CM Services:

The ip address shown in the error message is still the old one although we have changed the IP-address in the dev. configuration already to the new one.

Any ideas?

Thanks and Best Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Unfortunately we are not using proxies. Therefore the 2 links don't apply.

I checked the CIM instance, but there is no properties tab available?

Best Regards

Harald

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

what is the version of your SLD ?

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I am trying to solve this issue with Harald. The version is 7.0213.20121105124329.0000.

I have the feeling that it is rather a caching issue. The problem is like this:

1. Current Development configuration has as Repo. location and Build Tool Location 192.168.20.99:50000. This IP is not valid anymore. New one is 10.50.0.99:50000. If we enter this address in the current configuration and save it we get the error from Haralds post. As you can see the error mentions the old IP address not the new one...
  2. If I create a new Dev. Conf. using 10.50.0.99:50000 there is no problem at all. I can create a fresh development configuration. But of course all our source code in the other broken development configuration. and I cant export the content from old one since it is broken because of the wrong IP address.

If I download the XML for the old development configuration using "Download Development Configuration" I see that the old IP address is used 3 places. Is it possible to fix this XML manuallly and upload it somehow?

Thanks and Regards,

Koray

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, strange, afaik the devconf can be overwritten by resaving it (in CM Services. If it was about CMS, then the track has to be resaved).

But you said you checked the "Local Settings" tab, and ensured that there the new IP is entered for cbs (and dtr too), before pressing the save of the devconfig in CM Services.

Let me ask someone, then I come back to you.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks that would be great.

Yes we use CM services. In the screenshot you can easily see that the IP address in error message and the new IP address in the settings are different.

Regards,

Koray

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

do these threads/wikis help?

Unable to save development configuration due to unability to communicate with CBS - SAP Netweaver Ap...

I know that your error is slightly different, but maybe this gives an idea. I saw this error very rarely so far.

If this does not help, then can you go to /sld --> CIM Instances --> Class: "Component Build Server" and check what URL your CBS points to (Properties tab) ?

Regards,

Ervin