cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informations for implementation SAP BO Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my company want to implement BI mobile reporting with access over the Internet instead the local network.

Now I'm looking for informations to implement this and haven't found usefull informations about it.

So,I hope, you would help me, please.

We have installed a BO-Server with the BI-Plattforn 4.1

Regards and a nive evening 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

The core configuration would be adviced by your Network team. As they would have to route the request from the device through a proxy server, which might pass through NAT. NAT would route external IP to internal IP address, which would be redirected to your proxy server. The proxy server would then again re route the request to your application server.

This would require opening of necessary ports and IP communication channels through your company firewalls.

This can be done with assistnance of your network administrator.

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks for your Information.

I've got one question to this: Do we need an extra BI mobile Server or is it available at the BI-Plattform?

Regards,

Steffi

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

BI Platform (boe.war) is deployed inside Tomcat/or any other server. Which is what we call business objects enterprise server.

Similarly, Mobile server (MobileBIService.war) is also shipped and can be deployed in the same web application server as another web app. Hence, you don't really need a new server for the same.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steffi,

Mobile Server is not required to be deployed seperately. Services for the same come along with the installation of BO server ( full installation )

As Mobile itself does not require any servers of its own, there is little or no effect on performance as such. As all processing would be done by the BO servers.

As Ashutosh said, the MobileBIService.war file is the essence of mobile. If that is deployed under tomcat/webapps, you are done!

Regards,
Atul B

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers.

For the first time, you helped me.

Regards

Steffi

former_member639157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

If you can like/mark as helpful answer to the answer which helped you that would be great.

Cheers,

SS

former_member639157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

BI Mobile Server is part of BI 4.1. Since you have upgrade your existing BI 4.0 to BI 4.1 the best way for you to install BI Mobile Server is to

1) Run modifyOrRemoveProducts.sh from your install location.

2) You need to select your base installation from the list ( it could be BI 4.0 SP4 for example)

3) Then you will get an option to modify, here very IMPORTANT DO NOT UN CHECK ANYTHING

4) Select/Check BI Mobile Server and you are good to go

This will install BI Mobile Server on your existing BI 4.1 server.

Regards,

S Sumanth GV