SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Store MIM based in Web dynpro ABAP Technology

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need some information about "In-Store Merchandise and Inventory Management (In-Store MIM)" technical system landscape for new Retail solution.

I read in "Master Guide for Retail Business Suite 7i2913" that we need one Retail Server and one ITS 6.4 Server, but then, in software mandatory components appear two mandatory components:

- Netweaver (usage type BI)

and

- BP IS-R-SRS 1.40

Does we need an Enterprise Portal system and a BI system aditionally to Retail System and ITS server?

Is necesary a new server for ITS or it's posible to use embedded ITS from SICF.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand you already have the installation guide and that should include everything. Also, you will find more information in the online documentation at help.sap.com, industries, retail, in-store merchandising..

For In-Store MIM (based on ABAP WebDynpro) you have two options. You can use it with SAP Enterprise Portal, or with SAP NetWeaver Business Client.

If you still have any technical questions, please create a ticket under the component LO-SRS. Our colleagues from the IMS team will assist.

Best Regards,

Sam Ghasemi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand you already have the installation guide and that should include everything. Also, you will find more information in the online documentation at help.sap.com, industries, retail, in-store merchandising..

For In-Store MIM (based on ABAP WebDynpro) you have two options. You can use it with SAP Enterprise Portal, or with SAP NetWeaver Business Client.

If you still have any technical questions, please create a ticket under the component LO-SRS. Our colleagues from the IMS team will assist.

Best Regards,

Sam Ghasemi

ionbarbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As In Store MIM is part of retail, there are no need for additional servers. As Sam mentions above, you have the option to access MIM from stores via the Portal or NWBC, or simply from a custom built webpage where you can store the URLs for the MIM web transactions.

The BI contents that is mentioned in the guide is listed in order to access standard BI contents for reporting. If you do plan to use such reporting and the BI contents is in your scope, then it is possible to access these reports by any of the above three listed methods.

Si requiere más información no dude en contactarme.

Regards,

Ion Barbu

former_member146451
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

And the ITS that reference "Marter Guide" ?

Is embedded in ABAP system (SICF)?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the ITS service can be activated from SICF, but I'm not sure that you would need to use it.

The picture in your original message suggests that you are on EHP5. If this is the case then it would be recommended to access desktop MIM via the WebDynpro ABAP application, and handheld MIM via the WebDynpro Java application. The ITS version could be used to access MIM from a mobile device that doesn't support Java.

Regards,

Ion Barbu