cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport 0calmonth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to transport 0calmonth from Dev to QA. It was originally activated in version 2.1 and moved to QA. We recently upgraded to 3.5 content version 2. I tried to activate the object and expected to be prompted for a transport request. It did not prompt. So I went to transport connection, collected it and tried to transport, but was prompted to change the package to a transportable class. The box to change it is grayed out and does not allow changes, so the only option is to cancel. I went to business content and tried to activate and transport from this screen. Again it prompted for a package change from $TMP to a transportable class and it was grayed out. How do I get it to transport to QA?

Best Regards,

Renee Fehribach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an old question, but if anyone still has a problem with this, use this "special" solution which worked for me:

Go to SE03.

Go to Change Object Directory Entries.

Enter object type IOBJ + infoobject 0CALMONTH and execute.

Select the 0CALMONTH row.

Enter MASS in the command field (where you normally enter transaction codes) and press enter.

Now enter the package name (e.g. ZBW) and press enter.

Now the package should be changed to ZBW and you will be able to add it to a transport.

Regards,

Per

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's really work! Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm experiencing the the same problem trying to change the package from $TMP to ZBW for 0CALMONTH.

Can someone please help me get pass this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Leesap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

There is a way of changing DB Table entries by debugging in SE11, or directly changing the field value at DB level. But should be done only if one knows how to do it.

I can only suggest to open an OSS message, as this is quite strange.

Beyond this I'm unable to say or suggest anything, really sorry for that.

Regards,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant, I appreciate you looking at the topic. If you have any other ideas, they would be appreciated too. I did open an OSS note, I will wait to see what happens there. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Renee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

I have the same problem. Upgrade to 3.5 and can not transport 0calmonth. In OSS I can not find a thing. What is your solution from OSS?

kind regards,

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

did anyone find a solution to this issue? kindly help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renee, maybe you would have done this already, but if not then:

1. Edit the infoobject (change mode)

2. Change description from <i>'Calendar year/month'</i> to say <i>'Calendar yr/mnth'</i>.

3. Save it.

4. Activate it.

If this also doesn't help, then could you please give me all the details in 'General' Tab screen.

Also could you please confirm the difference between 0CALMONTH and any other activated (and with package) infoobject in TADIR table. Maybe you will have to change the $TMP package in this table itself.

Regards,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

1. I double click on the infoobject,

2. changed the long description to Calandar Yr/Mnth

3.) click on save

4.) then activate matchstick

The bottom left corner gives all of the message about DDIC being activate, 14 objects, etc...then a green check mark "all infoobject(s) activated

The general tab has

1) data element /BI0/0ICALMONTH

2) Data Type NUMC-Character string

3) Length 6

4) Lowercase letters (grayed out no check mark)

5) SID table /BI0/SCALMONTH

6) transfer routine (grayed out nothing checked)

7) Misc - Person Respons. SAP

😎 Content release 3.1/01 (grayed out)

9) Characteristic is document attrib. (checked we added per how to doc from SAP -- the reason it needs to moved to Q

10) Last Change by REFEHRI

11) ON 4/21/2005 12:07:42

12) additional change per OSS note was made on Business Explorer tab for Query Execution Filter Val.

to Only Values in InfoProvider

13) TADIR --

CLAS CL_RS_TIME_0CALMONTH SAP SAP RSROA

DIOB 0CALMONTH SAP SAP RS_TCT_GENERAL

DOMA /BI0/OCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

DOMA RSCALMONTH SAP SAP SBIW

DOMA RSQ_CALMONTH SAP SAP RSQBW

DQVI 0D_SD_C03_Q004_VCALMONTH SAP SAP RS_BCT_DEMO_DATA

DTEL /BI0/OICALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

DTEL RSCALMONTH SAP SAP SBIW

DTEL RSQ_CALMONTH SAP SAP RSQBW

DTEL UPARI_Y_CALMONTH SAP SAP UPARI

IOBJ 0CALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

PARA /BI0/OCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

SHLP /BI0/OCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

SHLP RSCALMONTH SAP SAP RS

SMDA /BI0/0CALMONTH SAP REFEHRI $TMP

TABL /BI0/HCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

TABL /BI0/ICALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

TABL /BI0/KCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

TABL /BI0/OTCALMONTH SAP KCARPEN $TMP

TABL /BI0/SCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

TABL RSARCH_RS_CALMONTH SAP SAP RSARCH

TTYP /BI0/WHCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

TTYP /BI0/WSCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

TTYP RSARCH_RT_CALMONTH SAP SAP RSARCH

VIEW /BI0/RCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

VIEW /BI0/ZCALMONTH SAP SAP $TMP

10) I try to change the IOBJ line from $TMP with SM30 & SE03, and both options allow me to put ZAR1 in and prompt for a request, but then cancel saying that the local private object cannot be repaired. Is there another way to change this table? The source system is different too, but I don't know where to change this field.

Regards,

Renee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Renee,

Are you able to edit that object?.. You can try changing the 'Description' and then try to save/activate again. Maybe this would help..

Regards,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I am able to edit the object and activate it, but it doesn't prompt for a transport request. I tried clicking on the truck which brings up the transport connection and then transport it, but it prompts for a package which is grayed out. I tried changing the owner to my id, but then it says it's a local object and I get the same message about not being able to repair a local object. I tried activating it from business content, but that too grays out the package.

Regards,

Renee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

We had faced similar problem, i.e were not able to assign package to an infoobject because it was locked (conversion routine lock).

We had to remove the conversion lock, through <i>Extras -> Remove Conversion lock</i>.

If this option is already disabled, that would mean your object is not locked. Then we'll have to look for alternate solution.

Pls let us know..

Regards,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

The option is grayed out. I went to se14 and check all of the tables runtime objects and databaseobjects. All are consistent, no reds on these tables.

Regards,

Renee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

Is the problem solved? If yes then could you please update us what was the reason.

And if not, then my guess is that 'conversion lock' must be set for 0CALMONTH object. Try removing it, then try assigning package.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

No, not yet. How do you get to the "conversion lock" for 0calmonth?

Regards,

Renee

mstrein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

does the change of the package work for other Business Content or is 0CALMONTH the only CHAR with that problem?

regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was able to activate 0calweek and it prompted for a transport request. Since the package had been changed on the original transport request, I didn't have an issue with putting it in a transport request. I took another business content object (0acct_type) which had never been transported and activated it through business content. This object also prompted for a transport request and allowed the package to be changed from $TMP to a transportable class.

Regards,

Renee

mstrein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

to be honest I have no idea what could cause such a lock, but you could try and go to SE03 and try to change the Object Directory Entries there manually.

Perhaps you check first in Table TADIR if there is anything obvious that could give a hint what the problem is.

regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried SE03, but it says

Local private objects cannot be repaired

Message no. TR229

Diagnosis

Every user of the SAP System can access and change local private

objects using the ABAP/4 Development Workbench.

System response

Setting the repair flag is rejected.

In TADIR it still has german for the language, but 0calweek has my ID

Regards,

Renee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to change the package by marking 0CALMONTH in the transport connection and 'Change Package' in the context menu.

Alternative solution:

Start InfoObject maintenance, select 'Extras - Oject Catalogue Entry - InfoObject' and change the package there.