cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass parameters and Navigate data between GAF steps in Webdynpro FPM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am beginner to FPM.

Actually I know how to configure Application Configuration and Component Configuration and all those for GAF.

And also known creation, addition and configuration of  Main steps as well as UIBB's for GAF.

I just tried a simple GAF demo with three Views which are for Search, Display and Selected views for Material Type.

The First View is for Search, 2nd View is for Display and 3rd View is Selection.

My requirement is in 1st View I kept an input UI element for MTART and a Search button. If we give Material Type as an input and Search then the output fields should be display within a Table UI element on 2nd View that is Display View.

And then if we select any  record on table then the details of that particular record should be displayed on third View i.e. Selected View.

Here I have configured all the three Views which I have created above to Component Configuration of GAF UIBBs as three Main Steps.

Now my requirement is as follows:

1) . If I give some Material Type as input and click on Search button in First Step  the output should be displayed on table ui element in second step (Display View) .

2). Then if we select any particular record on second step and then the details of that selected record should be displayed on third step that is Selected view.

Now I am having problem with implementation of logic and how to use the events when to use  FPM events.

Could you please let me know how we can implement the logic to navigate between these Main Steps which we have configured above.

And also please let me know how to pass parameters from one step to another step to pass the data for GAF clearly.

Could any experts help me on this and can refer some helpful real time demos/videos for GAF.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pavithranad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawithranad Reddy,

Please have a look into the following link.

Link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/507b2811-652a-2f10- be94-96b4bf3863e9

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In order to handle FPM events, you need to implement PROCESS_EVENT of component interface IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK in your web dynpro component. You can use RAISE_EVENT of IF_FPM interface to raise various FPM events.

If all UIBBs of your FPM application belong to the same web dynpro component, data exchange is handled by context mapping.

Hope this helps.

Sridhar

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithranad,

I think there are several possibilities to address this. It depends on your choice.

• Use one feeder class for serveral UIBBs, i.e. implement different feeder interfaces in one feeder

• Use a wires between GUIBBs

See also the developer guides at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8068

Best regards,

Simon