cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non resident taxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to test bsi tub for non resident taxes. For example : For PBQF increases the non resident tax from .5 to 1%. I have changed the work tax area to PBQF and Residence tax area that is different from work tax area. But do not see it calculating for withholding tax type 001 as it should. What are the wage types i am supposed to see for non resident taxes ? What is the base wage type it calculates the taxes on ? Please let me know.

Also for maximum wage base increase for ER unemployment tax  type 10 the wage type /710  for Year does not stop at the max wage base. I checked T5UTX and the max wage rates are correct. I also checked BTX rate and the configuration for tax type 10 exists. Please let me know what else could be the reason.

Thanks in advance

LA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LA,

If you have PA locals in both IT0207 and IT0208 then IT0207 would only calculate Withholding tax for employee.

This applies if you have PA local in IT0207 along with IT0208 only.

If you have say CA state in IT0207 and PA local PBQF in IT0208 then you will see in this case your withholding tax for PBQF will calculate as you do not have IT0207 mainatained with PA local.

Also, please check if you have change in tax company in same year as it would restart your tax type 10 limit again from period in which tax company is changed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet. I completed testing everything.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please close the thread if you were able to resolve this.

Thanks,
Ameet