cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PPM Gurus,

Has anyone upload data using scenario Portfolio Item-PS Project using Transaction Code: RPM_DX_ITEM transaction with Excel upload? We have PS template (PS Project) created and mapped with Item template.

We currently facing an issue either to use RPM_DX_ITEM using foreground or background? Foreground took a lot time and not sure how to use background?

Has any comes across excel upload using background job? and procedure where Portfolio Item excel file should kept in so that standard upload program will read.

Regards, Diana Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

do you still got an issue with mass upload?

Regards, Darijo

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Can you implement SAP Note 2021479 and try again.

Best Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

Thank you so much.

All has done as per SAP notes and your valuable comments.

We created file with extension .XLS and stored in application server

(is that all we required??) Or other format such as .TXT [Tab limited]

will support to upload? Because set up in background job is working and

finishing successfully in 1 Sec without loading in to System.

We tried saving both files (.txt and .xls) in application server and read from there. It ends up with Job as Finished within 1 Sec with No data updated in System.

Best Regards,

Diana

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

We did used the excel Upload for Item and Projects using programs  RPM_DX_ITEM and DPR_DX_PROJECT.  But we didn't used the background functionality.

What's the issue you  are facing while doing the upload in background?

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

When we schedule in background, it got cancelled within a 1Sec. Can you run in background and let us know what was your outcome please?

Appreciate your help.

KR, Diana.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Strangely even I am getting ABAP short dump while running the program in backgroun.. ..

When I am checking the log it says "Object RPM_DX_ITEM of class RE and language EN does not exist".

It is working fine in foreground.. below are the screen shots... lets wait for others to see if we are missing some settings while running the program in background..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Has any one fixed these?

Regards,

Diana

janepeng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Need your help. We are using PPM version 6.1. We need to use program RPM_DX_ITEM to mass upload Items to PPM system (i.e., mass create new Items from Excel file), I have created Excel file fields based on structure RPM_TS_DX_ITEM using the same order, and tried to upload one Item and failed. I am not sure what is wrong? Is it possible for you to provide some clues on how to debug the issue? Please let me know if you need any further info. Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Regards,

Jane Peng