cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue :- Payroll PCR related to DOJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have written a PCR in Payroll which is Given below :-

Now the issue is i want wage type to be calculated exactly after 20 years which is  happening  EX: - Employee DOJ 01.01.1994 so the wage type is being paid on 01.01.2014 But the problem is it is being paid in the month of Feb 2014 also kindly let me know how to write the logic Calling F* operation in the PCR.

Zulfikarlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested you use NUM=F01Y then employee will get paid in the current month.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your query, I must assume that you are referring to Monthly Payroll Periods.

Since you are using operation NUM=F01YB, it will be calculating "Time since" based on Date Type 01 of IT0041, in "Complete Years", and as of the start of the WPBP.

If you were to change the operation NUM=F01Y , it would be calculating as of the end of the end of the current Payroll Period, and should generate the payment in the month of Hire (except perhaps if the employee was hired on the last day of a month).  One problem with this is that the system will probably give the same return value for 12 months in a row.  After testing and confirming this, you may want to use unit C or K (months) instead of Y (years) and compare the return value to 240.

I also noticed that you use operation ADDWT&YEXP and NUM=& YEXP within the same PCR, with no changes to the value of NUM in between.  If you don't require the temporary variable elsewhere, these 2 operations would not be required.

Last but not least, I would suggest that you test the scenario where the employee has a WPBP split on WT 1010 in the month where he/she reaches 12 Years (or 240 months).  You'll probably notice that the AMT of WT 2140 contains double the amounts from WTs 1020 to 1100.  If that is the case, you may want to add a query on the existence of the YEXP temporary variable that would be created only for the first instance of WT 1010.