Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe and AS400

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. We are planning to run jobs on Mainframe system. Where can I find the instructions to install the required platform agent on Mainframe as the instructions are not provided in the Installation guide and also we are planning to get the license key.

2. The job definition "System_AS400_Command" is not present in the CPS version we are using(M33.92).  When we install the required license, is this job definition also comes with it?. Is this the only job definition which we use to schedule jobs in AS400?.

3. Do we configure the file events on a main frame system and AS/400 the same way we configure them in Unix and Windows?

I am sorry that I put most basic questions in this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ramana,

1. There are platform agents available for mainframe system, but you have to buy them directly from Redwood, not SAP. That platform agent is not provided by default.
    1. Consequently you will get Support from redwood in installing and configuring it.
  2. Once you have the license for Mainframe platform agent, the job definitions will be available  i guess. because same is the case for JDBC licenses to connect to DB servers.
  3. Yes

In order to request this, you can raise an oss message with SAP, but i'm sure they will ask you to talk to your Redwood account manager.

It is not a basic question, this is info available only on request.

The forums are to there to answer questions no matter how basic it is.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Nanda.

1. In the admin guide, it is given,  if the FTP interface is present on Mainframe system, we can use the already existing platform servers to schedule the jobs on mainframes else we need to install the platform agent. Which one do you suggest from your experience, use the FTP interface existing on mainframe system to schedule the jobs or installing the platform agent?

2. Could you please provide the steps if possible on configuring jobs on AS400.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ram

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Ramana,

1. Yes

2. In my previous engagement, because of this license limitation, we used the FTP interface present on Mainframe. So CPS would send specific files with specific text content, for example, a text file with the mainframe job name.

Our mainframe expert set it up in such a way that CA-7 will get the file and based on the content of the file, it will trigger mainframe jobs.

The only difference is that i didnt use the readily available FTP job definitions, and relied on unix scripts, because we already had a platform agent installed.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Nanda

Answers (0)