Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone is using AVA of BPC 10.0 MS?

gavin_du
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

We are designing AVA (Automated Variance Analysis) feature for BPC 10.1 MS. I'd like to know if anyone is using or has used this feature in BPC 10.0 MS and hear your feedbacks. what's good and what need to be improved?

Best Regards

Gavin Du

BPC Product Manager

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

I did not understand how to make it work, maybe you can give me some guidance to set up an account where I compare a specific time and two categories(Actual and Budget)

Brgds

Mattias

gavin_du
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Mattias,

I'm not sure if I can get an environment for you. Need to check with development team. Anyway we will try to make this fucntion easier to use in BPC 10.1 MS.

Best Regards

Gavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't need an environment, I have several I just need a short how-to-guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

I am still trying to get AVA up and running on BPC 10 for MS, you don't have a short description on how to set it up?

If I could make it run on BPC 10 for MS I am sure I will have feedback to you from my users

Brgds

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok played around a bit with the AVA in BPC 10.1 SP1 now, when you change model it doesn't update available members for category (where I got security turned on) and showing different categories depending on model. (So when you change model you still got the "default" categories to choose from.....

//Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

replying myself, ok if I skip to select "define variance" after changing model and click ok immediatly (so I get error message: "Base value not set" it updates the existing values in category for selected model (in reality the refresh should be done after changing model)

would be a nice Little fix (if hard just make a refresh button)

//Mattias

gavin_du
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

thanks Mattias for your findings. We will verify and fix the issues you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

I've tested it out but never got it working... very interesting to hear about BPC 10.1 MS, can you reveal anything else?

Brgds

Mattias Ferling

gavin_du
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

thanks for the trying. I'm interested to know what was not working or what made you giving up.

Regarding BPC 10.1 MS, it will be aligned with BPC 10.1 NW to have a HTML5 based web client. You will see a different web UI. We plan to make it general available end of June next year.