cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio OnClick event not triggering on sapui5 component

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to extend the sapui5 table component. Was not able to fire the design studio onClick event.  Can anybody explain me? how to get this done.

my js file:

initDesignStudio : function() {

// Called by sap.designstudio.sdkui5.Handler  (sdkui5_handler.js)

},

init : function() {

sap.ui.table.Table.prototype.init.apply(this,arguments);

},

clickHandler : function(){

this.fireDesignStudioEvent("onclick");

}

in contribution.xml:

<property type="ScriptText" title="On Click" group="Events" id="onclick"/>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your early response. Can You please give me a sample how to attach the event, I am finding difficulty in doing that. I have already tried cellclick, It seems to throw error. And michal, I am working based on your code only. So it will be great help, If you guys help me to sort out this issue.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, that is covered in the SAPUI5 table documentation.  It shows the syntax on how to attach event listeners to events.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for cellclick event here is the code.

var myOnCellClickEventFunction = function(oEvent) {

alert("halo " + oEvent) ;

};

oTable.attachCellClick(myOnCellClickEventFunction );

you need to check in debugger / documentation what you get as aprameters on the event.

does this work?

the attachemnt of events on SAP UI5 is always similar, there is always the corresponding attach funciton, eg. event is "cellClick" -> function for attachemtn is "attachCellClick"

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal Can you provide me with one sample function?

something like this???

this.attachRowSelectionChange(new sap.ui.table.Table({ 
   //parameters here or can i pass some function

);

})

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@karol Thanks man . Thank you all who have been trying to helped me. Now I got some idea, How to get this done.If you have more suggestions feel free to let me know @michal still love to hear from you a sample function.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithyanandam,

As a further reference, if you look at the sample UI5 components that are provided with the DS SDK, you will find several examples of attaching UI5 event handlers that may be helpful for your understanding.

Regards,

Mustafa.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

init : function() {

sap.ui.table.Table.prototype.init.apply(this,arguments);

this.attachRowSelectionChange(this.rowChangeHandler,this);

},

rowChangeHandler : function(oControlEvent){

alert("You clicked " + oControlEvent.getParameter("rowIndex"));

alert("Please read this:\n\nhttps://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/#docs/api/symbols/sap.ui.table.Table.html");

this.fireDesignStudioEvent("onclick");

},

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much mustafa. 

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much michal. Really appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to get the cellClick to work...

Table.attachCellClick(this.cellClicked); // inside: this.init...Table = new sap.ui.table.Table({

this.cellClicked = function(e){

var rowIndex = "";//e.getParameters.rowIndex; -- not supported???

var columnIndex = "";//e.getParameters.columnIndex;

//jQuery.sap.log.info("Cell click: " + e.getParameter("rowIndex") + " - " + e.getParameter("columnIndex") + " - " + e.getParameter("cellControl").getId());

if(rowIndex && columnIndex){ 

cellContent = rowIndex + " + " + columnIndex; 

}else{ 

cellContent = ""; 

} 

that.firePropertiesChanged(["cellClicked"]);

that.fireEvent("oncellclick"); 

};

getParameters does not work... neither via getParameters.rowIndex nor via getParameter("rowIndex")

Can you see where I went wrong?

Thank you!

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer sapui5 API. don't use function(e) use function(oControlEvent)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nithyanandam,

It does not matter what parameter name you use in a function declaration, anonymous or declared...  This has nothing to do with SAPUI5 API. Daniel can refer to it as 'e', 'oControlEvent', 'apple', 'orange', or whatever.

Daniel,

Try e.getParameter("rowIndex") instead.

EDIT: Looking at your code comments, it looks like you may have already tried that.

Maybe it's something simpler, like declaring your event handler function BEFORE attaching it?  (Move line 1 to the bottom)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working - the problem was a missing individual getter and setter function...

and we have to use getParameter().rowIndex

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please review the SAPUI5 Table documentation.

You'd probably want to attach your click event handler to either rowSelectionChange or cellClick, depending on your usage.

If your questions turn specific to SAPUI5, you may also wish to ask them in the UI5 SCN Space: .

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithyanandam,

Further to my previous comment, having reviewed the API of the UI5 table control you are trying to implement, depending on your requirements you can attach a UI5 event handler for the cellClick or rowSelectionChange events, then call the fireDesignStudioEvent("onClick") within the UI5 event handler.

Regards,

Mustafa.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithyanandam,

Your code doesn't appear to have a trigger that calls the onClick function.  You need to attach a native UI5 event handler for the UI5 component itself (press or click) and within this event handler call onClick() or just call the fireDesignStudioEvent() function directly.

Regards,

Mustafa.