cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication between 2 HANA Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAPHANA.com, http://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-2116, we can use SLT to Transfer Data between 2 HANA systems?

Can I use SLT to transfer data between SAP HANA systems?

Yes, starting with SAP LT Replication Server 2.0 SP3 (DMIS 2011 SP3) and HANA SP05.

I have a client requirement to replicate data between SAP HANA systems,so can anyone help me how we will be doing that?

Also can HANA be used as a source system & can we transfer data between HANA & ECC(target) using SLT?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, yes I think this should work. When you create a new configuration use as a source non-ABAP HANA (a DB connection with user must be active via DBCON), that is all - it is a standard function.

In general I would recommend to upgrade SLT and HANA soon.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Is target table should be available on the target HANA system? or SLT will create the table automatically in Target HANA2 system when source system is HANA1 & Target is HANA2?

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

Two important points:

• Ensure that a target table with the same name already exist. In the ABAP to ABAP scenario, SLT will not create the target table structure automatically.
  • Take care for the client, if you do not have the same client in source and target, specify a transformation rule that change the source client to the target client.

You Can refer this blog.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasan,

My query is how to use SLT to transfer data between SAP 2 HANA systems?What you have suggested is between 2 ABAP systems.

HANA1-->SLT--->HANA2

Regards,

Joydeep.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

Read below doc.

May be help you both.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again both the links are not relevant for me.

I need to use SLT to transfer data between SAP 2 HANA systems.

My Source is HANA1 & Target is HANA2.Not using ECC in between.

Regards,

Joydeep.

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

as I wrote this is working. At which step you get an error?!

Usually you first setup a DBCON to your first HANA target (source) in DBCON. Afterwards you execute LTR and create a configuration. For source you use DB connection and Imput the calues for HANA. The rest is straight forward ==> target schema name, HANA user, PW, host and instance. That is all.

Let me know what else do you need.

Best,

Tobias

Answers (0)