cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message "Trying to select a very hidden range"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anybody know where this message "Trying to select a very  hidden range" is coming from and what it does mean?

This error seems to appear regularly in my workbooks and affects some users, me and my team however are not affected and therefore it is really hard to trace the cause of the problem...

It came to our attention in a recent workshop, all of the participants experienced this error (as a consequence the whole Analysis dumped) but we (as trainers) did not have any problems. Could this be an issue of authorizations?

I attached my Analysis logfile for further details.

We have a lot of VBA in our workbooks, including the Highlight Changes functionality (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a00cb84d-1833-2f10-66b3-991aadaf6...) and some code which let's the user perfom in-cell calculations (code iterates over a whole crosstab).

Thank you in advance,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find a rootcause for this? We are having the same issue and I am not able to find out what exactly is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Vamsi.

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ensure that you have upgraded Analysis for Office to the latest support package (current is AO 1.4 SP11). This issue was resolved from AO 1.4 SP10 Patch 1 onwards with our users..

Regards

Derek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

We have seen this error message before and it seems to be very specific to the following combination of software:

• Windows 8/8.1 64-bit +
  • Microsoft Office 2013 64-bit +
  • SAP BusinessObjects Analysis 1.4 64-bit (through SP 6 to SP 9 including patches)

We have seen with the above combination of software very erratic behavior in Excel - gives error messages or just crashes.

Regards

Derek

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

If you suspect it is authorizations, could you have your students try running an SU53 in the backend to see if it is throwing an authorization problem?

Or do an RSTT trace with one of the students  (see http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0e3c552-e419-3010-1298-b32e6210b... page 59) to determine the cause?