Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why Subreports still prompting for parameters everytime I run the main report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using CR Developer version    14.0.2.364 RTM CR X1,

When I create reports from Advantage Database all the Subreports works fine with parameters from main reports.

but I have been assigned to create some reports from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 . I have a main report with 5 sub reports

that use the same parameter Beginning Period (date) when I run the report it ask me for the Beginning Period for the main Report

and each of single subreport.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jose

It looks like you are having the issue in the CR 2011 (not X1 - too confusing...) designer(?). If that is so, please confirm and I will move the Discussion to the SAP Crystal Reports - Data Connectivity Space (may seem picky, but organizing it like this works).

Anyhow. The Service pack you are using is SP 2. CR 2011 is on SP 10, so you want to update to that first:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main_public.htm

Next:

For OLE DB use:

MS SQL 2005 - OLE DB Provider

MS SQL 2008 - SQL Native 10

MS SQL 2012 - SQL Native 11

MS SQL 2013 - SQL Native 11

For ODBC use:

MS SQL 2005 - SQL Native

MS SQL 2008 - SQL Native 10

MS SQL 2012 - SQL Native 11

MS SQL 2013 - SQL Native 11

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek

Yes I am using version 2011 that is correct:

ok Thanks

I will update the SP, I tried to click the link to update the SP and I get an error of

Access Denied

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek ,

I chanmged the Database connection to  MS SQL 2008 , SQL Native 10

and still get the same issue , I created a new report with only one single subreport

and the sub report still sprompting for the Paramerter,,

Thanks

Jose

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The subreport and main report are linked?

For reference see:

KBA: 1214946 - How to pass a parameter from a main report to a subreport

The search string 'crystal subreport parameter prompt' will return a n umber of other KBAs and more. See if any of those help. Search box is in top right corner.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Yes, Main report and subreports are linked and did pass the

parameter from main report to subreport like the articule says to pass parameters from main to subreports and still doing the same.

Does it has to be something with MS SQL server, Becuase I have done a lot of reports using Advantage database/Sysbase and main report

works perfect with subreports parameters.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not MS SQL. But I really would like you to get to the latest SP for CR 2011. Since the link is an issue, please call 866-681-3435 and ask them for a link to the latest SP.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Ludek , I will try that .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I downloaded the SP10 and still the same , and  I changed the connection to

MS SQL 2008 -SQl Native 10. all the subreports ask the same parameters.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

I talked to one of the best report design experts here and he assures me that this has never been a problem. In part his response:

If the customer really linked the subreport parameter to a parameter or field of the main report, they will  not be prompted by the subreport parameter. We never had any issues with this, and there is no known issue.

So. Would you be able to attach the report - with saved data and let me know what parameter prompt you do not want to see?

- Ludek