cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the new dependency SCA's related to 7.4 version with out upgrading NWDI server

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are in process of upgrading the custom webdynpro and portal components to SAP Portal  7.4.

I saw in some discussions that, we don't need to upgrade NWDI , we need to install new JDK version(1.6) to map that jdk to the new track for migrating the custom component to new track.

But i have questions related to NWDI track dependency files.

When i create new track to support 7.4 components need to be available in the respective track.

we have central SLD and we create all the product and custom software components in that SLD(7.01) itself , To create the custom software component in SLD , i add  required dependency files. once the software component is ready, when i create the track  in nwdi system i will be able to fetch the custom software component in nwdi system by click on cms update.

But now i  need following new new dependency software component versions   in SLD  related to  7.4 for creating new software component to those dependency's to support the new track in NWDI.

• EP_BUILDT
  • SAP-JEE
  • SAP_BUILDT
  • SAP_JTECHS

But my SLD server version is : 7.01 version.

so do i need to upgrade the SLD server to  7.4 get the latest dependent SCA's  or just need import new SLD content in SLD server to add new custom software component to create?

kindly advice how to get the new software components  in SLD without upgrading the NWDI  & SLD system to  7.4

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no need to upgrade the sld server to 7.4, just update the sld content, follow Note 669669

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Jun,

Thanks for the reply.

But i am not able to find the  following two SCA's related to 7.4 version. I am able to find the rest of the SCA's. I able to see only 7.02 version related to following dependency files.

SAP-JEE

SAP_JTECHS

SAP-EU (CA EU)  ( having only 7.01, 7.02, 7.10, 7.11 and 7.20) related to Guided procedures.

Did they changed any naming conventions related to these software components? if so what are new software compnents names to use

Please clarify.

Thanks

Vijay

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the dependencies for 70X and 710 and higer are different.

See the note for details which dependencies to use:

1572743 - Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.31 Track and 7.40 Track

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Ervin,

Thanks for the SAP note.

Answers (0)