cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group GL account Error/Warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, When I am creating GL account at COA level, on entering Group Account Field and on submission of change request I am getting following error /warning. Please  help ,I want to get rid of this error. Account "ZCOA/XXXXX", Field "Group Account". Value"XXXXX" of the characteristic is invalid;use input help. Regards,` Swati Choudhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Which version for MDG your are using? It is in single processing in MDG 6.1? as MDG 6.1 we need to create blank request first and then process with single processing? Can you paste screen shot?

It MDG 7 then please check COA is availble in MDG check table not in ECC?oltherwise you need to import COA from ECC into MDG first 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay,

We are using MDG 7.0

What you meant by import of COA from ECC to MDG , as standard COA will be present in MDG. but group account related to that is showing error.

Regards,

Swati

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

It looks like the system is trying to validate the existence of the value that was entered in attribute in Group Account. Check whether the value entered in that attribute is valid or not. If possible , try to share the screenshot.

Regards,

Raghu

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swati

You have to create group account as FSI entity type. Then you can use it while creating GL.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Our client dont want to use FSI entity type as dont want to activate Buiness Function BEM-BCS

In ECC it uses check table SKA1 but in MDG it does not, Any reson for this. Secondally enven no check table or search help is assigned ti MDG Domain USMDZ1_FSI but in UI field appears with F4 help. How this is possible? 

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

No you can't do that. To maintain the group accs you have to use FSI entity type. Creation of group accs is normally one time activity and you can load the entire data initially.

In future if they want to have group account then they have to create 2 entries - one as FSI and one as ACCOUNT. If you don't maintain FSI then you will not able to view the group account value in ACCOUNT. The tables for both are different.

As I said, its a one time activity normally, go with FSI...

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Thank you for confirmation!

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give access of creating FSI to admin only so that users won't get confused...

Kiran