cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Enter Exception code in Quality Work Center - Counting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the counting process. And the data after confirming the tasks comes to the Quality inspection region, in the Counting work center.

I also have configured the Exception code for this and it still doesn’t show in the section as highlighted above.

And also when I try to Decide without difference it gives an error saying “ The document type 140 has already been cancelled”

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are looking at the wrong field.

As described you have to assign an exception code to a business context. You write that you selected 16 Desktop Differences at Work Center - but what is the Business Context?

There is a context "Packing/Unpacking Products" - actually there are three, stock removal, internal movement and putaway, the keys are PPI, PPT, and PIM. I think this is the business context for the field you have marked. But this is not for counting with the QIE, for that the correct business context is QI1 Quality Inspection / Couting.

The trick is that the field for entering this exception code only appears once you enter a different quantity. So overwrite the 200 pcs in the lower part, press enter - then you get the exception code field between the "expiration" and the "status" field.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I had set the the Business context to QI1 Quality Inspection / Counting itself.

And for the 2nd part Shouldn't the exception code be entered in the area to enter the exception code in the differences tab ?

And am i supposed to Edit the 200 quantity in the Red circled region or the yellow circled region, And in the yellow region the quantity cannot be edited.

Regards,

Karthik

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the upper part is not for a counting document as created from the QIE (whereas I am not sure how the process to use this tab at all looks like). And if you can not edit, restart the transaction and click in the field with the quantity in the lower part, it should then be editable. somehow this field is a bit ... sensible.... After entering the counted quantity the field for the exception code will appear.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the exception code part in between the "expiration" and the "status" field as you mentioned, but that's in the Quality inspection Tab. But when i do counting, i should first complete the Count tab before i enter the Quality Inspection tab, It shows this message when i go to the Quality inspection tab as shown below.

So i would like to know what i should do in the Count tab shown below so that it moves to the quality inspection tab.

Regards,

Karthik

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, not sure what you are doing, but when I try this...

and then change the quantity (simply by clicking into the field with the quantity and overwriting the number): I get a field to enter the exception code. Nothing moves to the quality inspection tab.

Brgds

Juergen

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on my analysis Exception code gets populated from the below function module. Take the help from your technical team ask them to put the break point at line 282 and let u know how the is_pack_view_scanner-exccode are getting populated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You need to assign your user ID with exception code profile (Here 'Basic Qualification') in Tx:/SCWM/EXCUSERID.

Regards,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

I assigned my user ID with the exception code profile and tried searching for the existing data. It still say "No value Found"

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the standard Exception code DIFD and the execution code profile is Basic qualification. And also in the execution step i have given the business context as 16 Desktop differences at work center.

What other config am i supposed to check ?

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Check exception code config.

Business Context and Execution Steps

exception code is assigned to execution step>> 16 Desktop Differences at Work Center and with Business context with execution step>> 16 Desktop Differences at Work Center.

Regards

Suraj

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

It could possibly be because you might not have configured exception code correctly.What execution step and exception code profile have you defined in your exception code?

Regards,

Khushboo