cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My turn to rant about SAP Support's reading [dis]abilities

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We've already learned that SAP Support does not really see the 'Steps to recreate' section in their ticket system, so I don't bother filling that in anymore and just put everything in the description. Now there is either another section missing from what the SAP Support sees or there is an outbreak of some exotic disease that affects one's reading abilities among the support employees. Otherwise I'm not sure what could be the reason for a "proposed solution" that includes the note we've clearly already applied:

By the way, the 'additional' note is in German but, from what I could tell in Google Translate, the symptom does not match what was described in our ticket. Well, that's just icing on the cake.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

This area to see steps to recreate is available to us, but it is named a bit differently, which is cause for confusion.  That being said, I am glad you brought this up.  Because of this, we are going to use this as a learning/training example.

Please keep sharing your feedback with us!  I appreciate it

Cheers,

Kristen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Why doesn't it read?!" . Hmm, I wonder if the note 2125164 has already been applied? (Hint - it's in the subject line!) Immediately asking for a connection is a nice touch too. How about testing first in your own system? And preferably before releasing the note.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow, this takes not reading a message to a whole new level.  I really wish I could say you had an isolated incident of behavior, but my past experience says no.

That being said you have to love bad notes that when downloaded via SNOTE contain "syntax errors" or introduce syntax errors due to dependency sequence.  I guess CTRL+F2 / CTRL+F3 might be too much trouble for those cases.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also not happy about the quality of the SAP first level support but I learned to life with it and be patient.

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have come to the conclusion that SAP support was designed to make the process so difficult that you think twice about using it.  I know it has worked wonders on me and many of my colleagues.  I wish you luck in your journey through the land where thinking and reading is discouraged. 

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh too bad; feedback to give to ?