cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB6 Dynamically Override Crystal Report Property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a legacy VB6 app with Crystal Report 8.5 ran in XP.  I'm upgrading it into Windows 7, VB6 and Crystal Report XI.

This old VB6 app used Crystal Viewer a lot, and those canned reports were ODBC Based sitting on a network drive. The old VB6 code that dynamically override the table properties no longer worked. It complained that I don't have the code for DSN Connection.  I wonder if there are some sample code that I can follow?  Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

The code should be the same. However, there is only one version of CR that uses the RDC (VB 6) that will work on WIN 7. And that is version 11.5, SP 6. When you say CR XI, I have no idea if you are using CR 11.0 or CR 11.5(?).

To get to CR XI R2 SP 6, see this blog.

Also, re. WIN 7, see the following:

Please note that I am assuming the VB 6 app used the RDC SDK (it could have been using the OCX or the Print Engine APIs). All three of the SDKs (RDC, OCX, Print Engine) have been retired - RDC in CR XI R2, the other two in CR 8.5 and CR 9 respectively.

Finally, CR XI R2 has been out of support for over two years, so no fixes or updates or phone support available.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)