cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have this issue, can somebody help me?

Thanks

Simo

==============[System Error Tracing]==============

[System  Name] : /SAP/BPC/Applications.svc

[Message Type] : ErrorMessage

[Job Name]     : GetApplicationWithCSV

[DateTime]     : 11/12/2014 10:04:14

[UserId]       : simodm

[Exception]

DetailMsg : {System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at SAP.BPC.Services.Application.MetaData.Handler.GetCSVDataFromCache(Boolean isSecured, SortedDictionary`2 securedHierarchies, Boolean isVirtualHierarchy, Int16 realHierarchyCount, SharedDimension& sharedDimension, SecuredDimension& securedDimension)

at SAP.BPC.Services.Application.MetaData.Handler.GetApplicationWithCSV(String userName, String appsetName, String applicationName, List`1 requestedDimensions, Int32 level)

at SAP.BPC.Services.Webservice.Applications.GetApplicationWithCSV(List`1 postBody, String appset, String application, Int32 level)}

==============[System Error Tracing  End ]==============

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish and Roberto

Little update

We perform a "Clear Metadata Cache" in the EPM add-in Ribbon ">>More" sub-menu, then restart the machine. Nothing.

This morning we were able to reconnect after reprocessing the dimensions. But not yesterday.

The BPC version is not SP13 but SP14

EPM ver : 10.0 SP 16 patch 1 .NET 3.5

No patch were installed.

The problem occurs only with one model. The others models are working fine (testing models).

When it happens, it's a systematic error.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simo,

yes it's similar to the old bug I described in the previous answer, only the model related with the dimension processed are affected, please verify it next time that occurs.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to every one for the answers.

The version : 10.0 SP 16 patch 1 .NET 3.5

Buid : 8669

yes, the error appears to everyone on different computer

No other package are execute

After reprocessing the dimensions the errors disappear but not always

Yesterday the error was there, today no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This indicates that after master data updation the dimentions was not processed successfully caused the issue. Make sure that once the masterdata is updated manually or loaded from BW the dimensions are processed or environment is online.

You can also clear the cache using UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE program and then process the dimensions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

this is MS version UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE didn't exist.

Regards

Roberto

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simo,

After reprocessing the dimensions the errors disappear but not always

Yesterday the error was there, today no.

this is similar to an error occurred in 7.x version maybe it's the same, I try to explain:

after processing a dimension evdre stops to work and only the next day the error disappear.

The cause is that db server and application server for some reason remains disaligned. In particular the .dep files on the application server: the quickest workaround is to enter in the .dep files of all the application servers (if you have NLB) and save it again without changes (just update the date) and immediately the report start to work again, see please also 1633966 - BPC MS: EVDRE encountered an error retrieving data from the Web Server, "Errors found retr...

So if it occurs again try to see if the .dep files are updated otherwise do the workaround and please submit an incident to SAP too.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this error happening for everyone?

Please check with your basis team.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simo,

Could you please tell us what is your EPM Addin Service Pack level?

Please note that this error should be fixed once upgrading to SP13 or later.

For more details, please refer to SAP Note:

1776269 - ALL: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"
I hope this helps.

Thanks & best regards,

Nedra.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simo,

can you please explain better the issue? What are you trying to do? What your bpc version and sp?

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ciao Roberto,

Yes, of course, sorry

I use : SAP BPC 10 SP13

The server throws internal server error and I cannot login through the EPM addin.

Thanks

Simo

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ciao Simo,

when happens this error? Are you executing a package? If so which one? or ...

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm not an expert of BPC, unfortunately I can be more specific. I just trying to open a new EXCEL sheet, and log on with the EPM addin. And after e few second : internal server error. No access. I'm not executing a package.

Regards Simo

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to connect to the web home page?

You know if you're using CMS or AD for security?

Regards

Roberto