cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Behaviour of Due Date in UWL for SRM Workitems

arulpugazh
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a deployment of Enterprise Portal which is integrated to SAP SRM (7.02). I have two  queries regarding the standard behaviour of "Due Date" column in UWL:

1. The column always displays today as the due date for all shopping carts, irrespective of delviery date. I would like to know whether this is an issue and also would be helpful if you elaborate on how is this calculated.

2. The column is showing blank for any workitems other than shopping carts (Purchase Order change workitem, User change approvals, Invoice approvals etc.)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ArulPrakash

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

With reference to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

• You have a deployment of Enterprise Portal which is integrated to SAP SRM (7.02). You have two  queries regarding the standard behaviour of "Due Date" column in UWL:
  • The column always displays today as the due date for all shopping carts, irrespective of delviery date. You would like to know whether this is an issue and also would be helpful if you elaborate on how is this calculated.
  • The column is showing blank for any workitems other than shopping carts (Purchase Order change workitem, User change approvals, Invoice approvals etc.)

Ok regarding your queries kindly let me attempt to provide some clarification and oversight.

1. Firstly in terms of the column and the fact it displays todays date as the due date (irrespective of the actual delivery date).  Now from a broad level overview perspective it is possible to change the display of the due date in the UWL.  In the standard xml file you will see the following: <DisplayAttribute name="dueDate" type="date" width="" sortable="yes" format="medium" referenceBundle="due_date" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"/> The medium format refers to the output of the field displaying the date as follows: Jun 01, 2014. The short format refers to the output of the field displaying the date as follows: 06/01/14.The long format refers to the output of the field displaying the date as follows: June 01, 2014. The full format refers to the output of the field displaying the date as follows: Tuesday, June 01, 2014. I've attached some reference documentation below for further reference on both your queries.
  2. Secondly regarding the blank columns for workitems. Here the first thing which needs to be ensured is that SAP Note: 1133821 - UWL Destination Service configuration is followed and setup accordingly in terms of configuration settings and parameters. Now you mention that this is occuring for another other item other than shopping carts? Are custom attributes involed here? Could you please have a look at the help document below to check the bahavior of retrieving custom attributes in UWL? http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ef/f2aed99c414f81adacc6b897a6910a/content.htm

** Reference Documentation **

Knowledge Base Articles for Workflow

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Knowledge+Base+Articles+for+Workflow

Universal Worklist Configuration - DTD

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04s/current/uw/com/sap/netweaver/bc/uwl/doc-files/uwldtd.html

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

arulpugazh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the elaborate response.

1. I appreciate that you have detailed the technical steps to format and customize the "Due Date" in the presentation layer. However my query is aimed at finding how the system arrived at today's date(the application layer) for all shopping carts. I am unable to find any documentation on this and a pointer to docs would help me in finding out whether the behaviour mentioned in my second query is an issue.

2. I went through thte Note 1133821. It amied at solving some of the issues in UWL, but i'm afraid that it is not related to this scenario.
Also i am not able to access/modify the configuration done in the system and would like to know the standard behaviour alone (Is due date shown only for shopping cart workitems?).

Thanks,

Arul

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul

Many thanks for the response and update and it is no problem at all I'm happy to help out.

Regarding your queries:

1. how the system arrived at today's date(the application layer) for all shopping carts. From the perspective of the Universal Worklist and the workitem date in your portal how is your time zone settings? Kindly look into the note 1039454.

Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/BPX/UWL+FAQ

Enable the support information for uwl and check the exact task ts number in the backend system in sbwp and provide the screenshot.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Answers (0)