Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable user at runtime to adjust column width of list-uibb

ReinholdStrobl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

With Webdynpro ALV the user can adjust the width of a column with the mouse.

We have been searching for the same feature in List-UIBB in the FPM, but did not founded => the column width cannot be adjusted by the user.

With kind regards,

Reinhold Strobl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhold,

this is not possible with FPM_LIST_UIBB, but it is possible (among many other ALV-like features) with the successor FPM_LIST_UIBB_ATS which is available with Release NW 7.31.

Regards, Jens

ReinholdStrobl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

thank you for the reply.

We already use the component FPM_LIST_UIBB_ATS but still have not founded a configuration for allowing user to adjust the column width at run-time.

Regards, Reinhold

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhold,

in the configuration (General Settings) you need to switch on personalization enabled.

Regards, Jens

Uli_42
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jens , Sorry for Cross answering,

how shall we provide users with a default column setting and width in ATS LISTs?

Entering the Width in configuration seems  far too much afford. ( Nobody want's to measure the needes width and enter f.e. 20 numbers , rerun, change ...)

In Personalizing i can adjust position and width very easy and comfortable,: Nice.

But i can not save the settings as a user default for all user users or f.e. copy it to  a customizing.

And: default setting is even : No personalizing allowed .

In Customizing layer and in Configuring i do  not have a wysiwyg editor , so adjusting a nice default arrangement for all users once is very painful.

Jumping deeply into sap-code to access the personalizing data and implement this missing function seems not a good solution and in another blog you also adviced not to do so, but without offering an alternative solution.

Best regards,

Uli

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uli,

you can do so also at runtime if you are running the application with URL parameter sap-config-mode=X. If you now shift the width of the columns in the UI (i.e. WYSIWYG) it can be saved in the customizing layer.

Best regards

Jens

Uli_42
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot jens!

Actually even a customzing  seems to  be  created if not existing. Nice.

And sorry for stupid beginner questions. (Just evaluating this stuff and need to make it easier for all others )

I just want to avoid working with such things as using mysterious hidden parameters

and thought opening the configuration mode by configure button, then editing/creating the customizing would have all possibilities . 

(i really don't like that and do not understand, why this features aren't provided in another way. To tell the consultants : "you have to add this parameter to open a customizing mode" does not sound good to me .    )

I'd like to have the same possibilty on configuration level, to avoid having  one more layer of settings..

Uli

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uli,

you can also use sap-config-mode=config. If your list configuration allows creation of new views, you can save then your settings as a new view on configuration level (in any package). However, this is not possible for the standard view. But I think this is only available with 7.40 and a certain SP anyway.

Best regards

Jens

Answers (0)