cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is crystal reports compatible with VS Pro 2013?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is crystal reports compatible with VS Pro 2013? if so, what do I need to get it to work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Answer is: Yes.

Install SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET

Alternatively, making an assumption that you are having issues integrating some(?) version of CR, provide info like what version of CR and what the actual issue is. We're all busy, but short hand in these cases rarely works...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

on that link that you provided me, which option should I choose? support pack 12 and the other stuff that is on that line? sorry for all those question but this is the first time that I am doing this. I am using crystal reports 2013.

Thank you for your help. Really appreciated

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use the "Install Executable" to integrate the SDK components into Visual Studio.  The other installs on that line are the runtime installs - select the appropriate one to use when you deploy your application based on the type of install that you're doing.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using vs 2013 with update 4 and CR version 14.1.1.1036. What should I download and install to do the integration?

Thank you

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SP12 Install Executable from the page that Ludek gave you.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

after installing SP12 install executable, I am getting below error when  trying to run the app

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=14.1.1.1036, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Thank you

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

There is SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET which install assemblies of version 13.0.2000.

Then there is BI Platform which install assemblies of version 14.x

When you asked:

is crystal reports compatible with VS Pro 2013

the correct answer was as given - for crystal reports. Unfortunately having assemblies of version 14.x, you were not looking for integration of the CR SDK, you were looking for integration of BI Platform SDK. Typically we do not recommend version 13 and version 14 assemblies on the same dev computer. So. You need to decide which version assemblies you want to work with. What will the app do? Or, what are the app requirements? If you will be scheduling reports querying the CMS database, etc., etc., you need version 14. If all you will be doing is running reports from path, viewing, printing, exporting, etc., use version 13.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto !

I will just suggest you to do whatever Sir Ludek is saying with some open

eyes surely u will rid off.

I also was caught on this problem just before few month due to many assembly version

on dev computer.Here you have to decide which version exactly you are using.

Hope u are doig this-

"all you will be doing is running reports from path, viewing, printing, exporting, etc., use version 13".

If you could not understand propely then come with more detail and do your excercise on

your end and at last i am sure you will find that Mr. Ludek whatever said on first will work.As you are not new to such problem just you are knew get used of.

Regards

Piyush

0 Kudos

Just to clarify,

You can have CR 2011 which is version 14.0 and CR for VS on the same PC. Because there are some version 14.0 assemblies in CR for VS which is version 13.

The problem arises in that you cannot have CR 2011 and CR 2013 on the same PC because they are the same product just reversioned from 14.0 to 14.1.

So those 4 or so version 14.0 dll's that CR for VS uses when updated to 14.1 can and likely will cause issues.

Just an FYI, R&D does have plans to put these component back into sync with each other but for now I suggest no installing CR 2013 on the same PC or installing BI 4.1 .NET SDK on the same PC and CR for VS.

Don

Answers (0)