cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open source code for VS2010 project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been looking at modifying an open source piece of software (here ... http://www.rainforestnet.com/crystal-reports-exporter/ask.htm)

I only need to make a small modification, so I downloaded the source code and tried to open the project in VS2010 but whenever I do it just shows up as "(unavailable)" and nothing I can do will let me open the project.

Would anyone be able to download the above source code and see if they can open the project - just to see if this is something I am doing wrong or there is an issue with the download?

All I need to do is change one line of code and recompile it but it's proving quite hard!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I did contact Rainforest, but he has stopped supporting the software which is why he released it as open source.

Anyway, I have sorted it now. It was a simple problem, I was using VS2010 Standard, not Professional. As soon as I opened it in Professional it worked.

0 Kudos

Ah, good to know... CR does not support Express versions either.

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Interesting, when I try to load the project I get this warning from MS:

Therefore I am not taking the risk. As Ludek suggested you may want to ask those guys why... YOu may also want to make sure you have your AV software up to date.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob

Unfortunately, this is an app from rainforest, so the query should be posted to rainforest(?). As it is, I have no idea how they implemented the CR component, so it's pretty hard to help. E.g.; other apps created by us will open just fine:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter