cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to plan projects with different currencies in one editable layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have here the requirement to enable users to plan a list of projects with different currencies.

It means we have several projects in the planning mask and each project has different project currency in the master data table.

The users will get this planning mask with a large number of projects and they should be able to enter the planning values with different currencies. For example:

Project     Value     Currency

A               100          EUR

B               80            USD  

C               150          GBP

We had the idea to use a key figure without a compounded currency and then put the char. currency away from the aggregation level and fill it by using a characteristic relationship by reading the project currency from the master data table. But we would face the problem in the future regarding currency translation and so on since this is what the customer wishes to have and if we use a key figure without a compounded currency this will not be possible. Therefore we are going to need to use a key figure with compounded currency. And now we have the problem that we can not manage to plan several projects with different currencies in one and the same input mask.

Has anybody an idea or maybe already faced with this issue and can help us?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

why don´t you use the 0CURRENCY as a char in the line next to the projekt and have it filled by a charcteristic relationship out of the project master data?

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

I thought I could use the master relationship for deriving a characteristic when I don't have it in my aggregation level? Moreover I do not have any transactional data so that users should start to plan from scratch. When I have 0currency in the drilldown and I set the setting in the query on reading 0currency from the transactional data I would get nothing as I don't have any transactional data. When I say reading from the master data or master data relationship I would get all existing currencies in system to every project in the line which I don't want.

Any other idea or maybe I got you wrong?

Kind regards,

Ali

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

derivation work only when 0CURRENCY is not in the aggregation level, which could only be the case, when you use key figures without a currency. So you could do this, but then you might have to copy the values from the key figure which is planned (and without curr) to one with curr.

or you use the curr as char in the query.

If the advanced setting to show curr according to char relationship does not wor, your char relationship probably does not work.

is the attribute to project the same info object as in the key figure - i.e. 0CURRENCY - or are different objects used?

what type of relationship are you using - attribute or exit?

If it is exit - have you defined a method for proposal (or however it is called).

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

the currency object being used in the master data table of project is the same as the key figure. This is 0currency.

I am not using any relationship or exit at the moment.

regards,

Ali

0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

using an amount key figure A you always have to use a currency characteristic C. So using A in an aggregation level also C has to be in the aggregation level; this is also true for the query on top of the aggregation level. Now assume that you have a characteristic project P with attribute C. You can create an attribute characteristic relationship (whether it is of type derivation plays no role here) containing characteristics P and C.

In a quer use P, C drilled-down in the rows and use 'access mode for result values' for both characteristics based on characteristic relationships. Even with unposted data you will then get all admissible combinations based on the maintained values (p,c) in the master data table of P, e.g.

P1, EUR

P2, USD

P3, USD

The characteristic relationships ensures that you can never enter a project, currency combination that does not exist in the master data table.

Regards,

Gregor

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well then you should create a char relationship typ attribute between Project and 0CURRENCY.

Then set the query to show the currency according to char relationships

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

thank you. It has worked.

How can I give you the full points?

Kind regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

and thanks to you as well Cornelia for your prompt reply.

regards,

Ali

Answers (0)