Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS - How do you correct UOM errors found in display log during HTS upload

kristie_crump
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello GTS Community,

I need your help on the following....In the process of uploading HTS Tariff Schedules we are seeing errors such as "Unit of measure CBZA does not exist in UoM system".  This is true for several UOM's, for both our Mexico and Canadian tariff schedules.  Thinking this would be an easy fix, I logged on to SPRO>SAP NetWeaver>Check Units Of Measurement, to add the missing UOM's.  However, I am unable to add the UOM's as most of the "new" UOM's are 4 characters long, and the space alotted for the UOM is only 3 characters.  The Tariff Schedule file we receive indicates the file language is EN - English, but the UOM's in the file are Spanish abbreviations.  I am wondering, how do I add these 4 character UOM's to eliminate the errors I get during the HTS Upload. 

As a side note....for those UOM's that are missing (and only 3 characters),  I added them.  But in testing the MX upload, the same error is being returned.  I am wondering if this is a system language issue as well as a configuration issue for the UOM's - our system is only set up for EN language.

Also, our lower life cycles are current with the HTS uploads therefore I am executing the uploads in simulation mode to validate my test.  I would think executing in simulation mode would NOT cause a false error during testing of the new UOM's. 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kristie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristie,

I'm not an expert on HTS uploads.  But aren't the UoMs matched against the "Unit of Measurement System" values (in table /SAPSLL/TCOTSM) rather than the standard T006 values?  In that table, the external UoM can be up to 20 characters.  The UoM System needs to be assigned to your Numbering Scheme.

If I'm way off-track, hopefully someone else will (and is welcome to) correct me.

One thing I'm fairly sure of is that the evaluation in simulation mode IS the same as for the production run.

Regards,

Dave

kristie_crump
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You are right on track!  Thanks so much for your help!

Kristie

Answers (0)