SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEBMAS Idoc error "Account group in the IDoc is different"

former_member232581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to maintain MC for the site using LSMW(idoc type DEBMAS ). I am using segment E1KNA1M & E1WRF6M. I didn't gave any account group in the data, considering that I am not making any change to Customer master data. After process the LSMW I am getting error "Account group in the IDoc is different"

Is it not possible to update only site MC assignment without mentioning Account group for the customer?

Thanks & Regards

Vibhor Kulshrestha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor:

I assume that the Site Number, Site Customer Number, and Site Vendor Number (if one exists) are all the same number.

My guess is that you have missed one of the following:

You should fill E1KNA1M-KTOKD (Customer Account Group) with a slash character ( / ).

You must fill E1KNA1M-KUNNR (Customer Number) with the Site Number.

If the Site has a Site Vendor, also fill E1KNA1M-LIFNR (Vendor Number) with the Site Number.

You must fill E1KNA1M-WERKS (Site Number) with the Site Number.

There are likely no other required fields in E1KNA1M, and -- as previously stated -- nearly all other fields in E1KNA1M should be filled with a slash character ( / ) so that the customer master record is not changed.

- Paul

--------------------------------------------------

Paul Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vibhor:

You must supply basic data such as Customer Number and Account Group.

For a Customer Master, DEBMAS and ADRMAS are meant to be used together, and for this reason DEBMAS includes special functionality.  You will not need to process ADRMAS, but you will need to use DEBMAS with the same functionality in mind.

In your case, populate all of the address fields in the KNA1 segment of DEBMAS with a fixed value of a slash character ( / ).  This special character instructs the DEBMAS not to process the data in that field.   This way you will not lose all address information.

Most of the other segments can be simply not used; use the ones that you need.

You will need to provide the list of Merchandise Categories in full, because this segment of DEBMAS is processed in a kill and fill manner.

- Paul

Paul Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Thanks Paul

I have tried as suggested by you. I have used fixed value '/' for fields Customer Number and Account Group.

But now idocs are created with error message "Specify the account group".

Does this mean Account group is mandatory as input, and we cannot amend only structure E1WRF6M values?

Thanks in advance

Vibhor Kulshrestha

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor:

I assume that the Site Number, Site Customer Number, and Site Vendor Number (if one exists) are all the same number.

My guess is that you have missed one of the following:

You should fill E1KNA1M-KTOKD (Customer Account Group) with a slash character ( / ).

You must fill E1KNA1M-KUNNR (Customer Number) with the Site Number.

If the Site has a Site Vendor, also fill E1KNA1M-LIFNR (Vendor Number) with the Site Number.

You must fill E1KNA1M-WERKS (Site Number) with the Site Number.

There are likely no other required fields in E1KNA1M, and -- as previously stated -- nearly all other fields in E1KNA1M should be filled with a slash character ( / ) so that the customer master record is not changed.

- Paul

Paul Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paul, this has worked flawless for me.

Actually I was in a process of creating LSMW's for all the MCH related activities, that can be reused. I had done it using recording method, was interested in doing so with standard idocs. Your valuable suggestion and tips has helped me a lot. 

Thanks & Regards

Vibhor Kulshrestha