cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 6.0: Using new message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created new message type in ME, copied from APP_ERROR. Afterwards I added new message type to SFC Transfer in shop order maintenance.

Problem is that message is not created and SFC Transfer is blocked to.

I checked How-To-Guide for Message Board and Online Help. Settings seem to be right but I found the following note: "Conact SAP Partner for changing workflow activities, process Workflows and Messages types"

Is there a possibility to simply create and integrate an own message type or are there Special doings needed?

Regards,

Anke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you have created the same new message type at both source site and destination site, it should be taken by S2S without problems. There is no limitation for S2S as to which message can be used but which cannot be.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created message type on both sites. I assigned new message type for SFC Transfer. SFC Transfer Fails without error message. In this case SFCs never left source site. This SFC error is not planned (like in my other threats).

Does that mean that I found a bug?

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really looks so. Otherwise it should be documented in the online help that users are not allowed to introduce new message types for S2S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to use my own message type again and released one SFC for S2S transfer.

Now, I got an error message in POD "No record matching MESSAGE_TYPE=APP_ERROR2, SITE=0074 found (Message 10036) (Message 16061)".

I do not know what to check in this case. Using Message Board and creating a message with APP_ERROR2 causes no Problem.

Please help.

Regards,

Anke

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anke!

What is 0074 site: source or destination?

Do you have APP_ERROR2 message type at 0074 site?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

0074 is source site and I have the message type APP_ERROR2 on both sites (Source and target).

Completing of SFC is not possible in source site. I can complete SFC using Standard message type APP_ERROR.

Regards,

Anke

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anke,

First of all, please make sure you are using the latest patch of the SAP ME release.

If you replace APP_ERROR2 with any other pre-defined Message Type, and the scenario with no other changes to the setup appears to work, then I would say it is a bug. And then you should submit a support ticket for deeper investigation.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already got an answer of SAP that says I have to write a custom message Event activity to re-send the Event in a new site.

But I do not know to do that because I haven't found a custom message Event activity for Standard message type APP_ERROR.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you got this response in the csutomer ticket? If so, what's the ticket's number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ticket number: 0001129137

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Anke.

The scenario will be revised, and you will get an update within the ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos