cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having two BW installations pulling deltas from the same ECC system?

former_member285493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we need to upgrade an old BW installation from 3.x to 7.0 BI, what we want to do is to install the new BW 7.0 into new machines so our intention is to proceed as follows:

1) BW system copy of DEV (BWD), QAS (BWQ) and PRD (BWP).

2) upgrading the new systems to 7.0

3) setting up all the connections to the same ECC systems as the "old" 3.x BW.

This way we can let users use the old system while we test everything in the new installations, my question however is if it's possible to pull a delta load from the same ECC system to 2 different BW (ex: R3->BWP and R3 to BWP new).

Is the sap extractor able to tell the difference from the two systems? If it's possible such setup, can you point me to some guide or document explaining how to do that in detail?

Thanks a lot

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to connect 2 BW systems to one ECC system. In the delta queue for a particular datasource 2 entries will be available, 1 for each source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Yes, it is possible.

Follow my document: This is applicable when you have 2 BW systems connected.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58402

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, its 100% possible to connect 2 BW system to single R3 system. Your approach is good. The moment you will initialise a daatasource in your new machine, you can see another queue in RSA7 in R3 for the same extractor.

Rgds..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefano,

I would say that it is not possible to supply two BWs from one source system. In that case I would load data in one BW and from there to the other.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner