cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering CDB and SBD from MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

I am recovering a Content server database as part of the upgrade process of Content server 6.40 (32-bit) to Content server 6.50 (64-bit).

The source database version is MaxDB 7.5.00.51, the target database is version is 7.9.08.08. I am using DBStudio version 7.9.08.25 and following SAP notes 9620109 and 129352.

I have created backups of the source system using the DBStudio and transferred the files to the target server. I can recover the SDB database without any issues, however when I try to recover the CDB instance I get the following error:

Am I missing something? The file definition is the same for both the source and the target.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

What is the medium used for creating the source backup?

Can you please post the medium properties that you configured for taking backup (source ) and the properties of the medium you created for restore ( target)? both should be similar.

Regards,

Lalu George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George, the medium used is file.

Target system configuration:

Source medium configuration: is exactly the same.

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria,

I guess your question has been resolved by now, but if not, let me add that at "Device/File" you have to enter the full path to that medium.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

The file location was defined in the media creation. CDB still does not recover, but I am wondering if it really matters. Does the cache get regenerated when there is activity in the SDB? Aside from that I am waiting for response from SAP Marketplace as to why OAC0/CSADMIN is unable to connect, with authorization errors. All the notes/fixes, IIS. windows firewall settings etc have been done and the URL tests work.

Thanks Maria

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

as to if CDB cache server really matters, I cannot say. What I know is that you can delete that cache, if needed, so I would say that recovering CDB is (up to my knowledge) not necessary - but my knowledge is limited here...

As to the recovery - according to the pictures you had added above, the database kernel gets an OS error "wrong file or device name" when trying to open CDB_COM (for details you might want to look in the 'dbm.prt' and 'KnlMsg' log files). But really seems to me that the backup medium you want to recover is missing here.

In regards to CSADMIN failing, have you looked at the Content Server 'cstrace.txt' log file for any error? Maybe creating a ticket at SAP would help here - this is always recommended, if we might need OS access for analysis...

Thorsten