cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Screen Personas 2.0 - Flavor Editing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Flavor Maintenance with sap Screen presonas 2.0.

Is it possible to edit an existing Flavor from an another user?

Or can i edit only my own flavors? If this is true, how is it possible to maintain the Screen personas flavors in the productive Environment (Change requests)?

Thank you,

Regards, Dino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi,

It is not possible to edit Flavor from an another user. You can share your flavor with other user, that user has to copy and create new flavor which will be editable.

As of now, there is nothing like version management in personas. Every time when you edit flavor, you can either re import it to PRD or can create TR and move to PRD via tcode '/PERSOS/ADMIN_UI'.

Regards.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only edit your own flavours, but using the admin transaction you can change the owner of a flavour if its original creator isn't available to change it.

To manage flavours in production you should make changes in development as you would for other changes in SAP, and then either transport or export/import.

Steve.

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using Personas 2.0 SP02 and have a similar situation.  Using /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI to change the owner was suggested.  We are seeing issues when we try to change ownership using the Flavor Maintenance option.  In my case the flavor lost it's flavor name after the ownership change.  It could only be located by searching on the transaction code.  In the flavor search results the flavor has no name but if you scroll to the right you will see that the other fields make sense.  If I then select this flavor from the search results nothing is displayed on the details screen until I enter a flavor name first.  If I then choose edit I will see the flavor details and it's ownership has changed.  But if I save the flavor at this point I still cannot locate it later using the flavor name (the flavor name I provided does not get saved).

Sounds like I may need to open an OSS incident, but I wanted to check with the experts first.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Best Regards -
Jeff  (Personas noob)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that sounds like a bug that should be reported to OSS. In fact, the same thing has just happened to me! I'm sure it has worked OK in the past.

Steve.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We were not able to reproduce it internally. I updated flavor owner from Admin UI and saved it and then tried to lookup same flavor from admin UI or SE16. Are you doing it differently?

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I am facing the same issue, did you find any solution from SAP? The owner of blank flavor highlighted in the image below was changed.

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash - So far I have not received a fix from OSS.  I asked for an update to my incident.  Any further information will be posted here.

Best Regards - Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I just found the answer.

You can't make yourself owner of a flavor created by someone else. You can only change the owner of a flavor if that is created by you. Don't think this is a bug.

I changed owner of a flavor created by me and i am no more able to edit it. So please request current owner to make you owner of that flavor.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avinash

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash - I'd like to re-test your suggestion.  To clarify - would the current flavor owner use the Admin UI transaction to change the owner?

Regards - Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats right.

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash - OSS just provided note 2119859.  I have not yet tested this fix.
Regards - Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied SAP note and works fine.

Cheers.