cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Processing Server (DSL Bridge) not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to apply SAP Note 1940100 in order to make Webintelligence work fine without the error

Design-time query not available (WIS 00000) .

but the problem is that I can't find an  Adaptive  Processing Server  with the name of DSL Bridge.

I can´t find it. This is all what I got:

There's just one APS. What am I missing?

By the way , if I were able to find it, in which part of parameters I should I insert the parameter Dsap.sl.bics.useDesignTimeServices=false?

At the beginning or at the end of the others parameters?

Is it ok if I placed it there?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

You have to look at AdaptiveProcessingServer instances in virtual folder "Service categories / Web Intelligence Services" which contains only BOE servers hosting services used by Web Intelligence. There you may have more than one of them with "DSL Bridge" service so you will have to take a look at each of them to determine if command line argument is required or not. (for this you can right click on a server and select "Edit Common Services" to have a list what's hosted in an instance)

This DesignTime JVM argument can be inserted anywhere in command line, just as long as you don't "cut other arguments in two", so I would say the end is the easiest way to go.

Regards,

Loic

PS : by the way when list of servers is ordered by name it doesn't take into account server type, for this you have to look at column "Kind" instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for your recommendation. We added this param at the end and it worked perfectly.

0 Kudos

Hi Loic,

I am facing an error while creating the Dashboard on top of BEx queries

error is XLS 000009 Design-time query not available

As per the above discussion can i follow the same process to resolve the issue.

By adding  Dsap.sl.bics.useDesignTimeServices=false? to command line

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Sri.

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Yes this is same kind of solution, but this time applied to Dashboard Processing Server.

You will have to change arguments for child JVM of this processing server, by adding this flag in field

"Java Child VM Arguments" of Dashboard Processing Server properties. PLease be careful that in there, you don't put character '-' at beginning of flag, and that they are separated by ',' instead of a simple space.

Regards,

Loic

PS: if you are using a BOE installation with version higher or equal to BI4.1 SP06, then please look at SAP Note # 2060126 which explains new mechanism to configure these settings by using a xml configuration file instead of JVM arguments. This allows to modify configuration without having to restart corresponding BI Server.

0 Kudos

Hi Loic,

Tried with assigning with new port which is open and not restricted with the firewalls its not working

seems to be like this is not related to the Input file

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Sri.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you should contact Support -  Admin or Deployment queue

chandrasekhar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Loic,

When I try to create Webi report using BW Query (S/4 HANA System) it shows same error.

BO Version : 4.2 SP02

BW Version: 7.5(S/4 HANA DB)

how to fix above error.

Thanks,

Chandra.K

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You should disable usage of Design Time Services by configuration DSL, you can look at SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2060126 which explains new way to configure this service by editing a text file instead of adding flags to different servers in CMC.

Best regards,

Loic

chandrasekhar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for response.

As my issue solved

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know after making this change what other servers/services we need to restart  ? I don't want to restart SIA and impact all users.

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erika, Default BOE installation will have 20 plus services hosted under this. If you right click on the APS -> Click on Edit Common services -> it shows all services hosted under APS.

Anyhow it is not good practice to run default APS. Best practice is to disable and stop the default APS and split it into multiple services.

Add APS servers with with only services which you use. Eg: If you dont use analysis for OLAP then there is no need to have a APS with MDAS.

Refer below links for more info

Business Intelligence 4.x APS (Adaptive Processing Server) Service Distribution - Business Intellige...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50e5019f-bfdf-2f10-2188-c40ede52c...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

To answer your question about having an APS for the DSL bridge service.

The APS contains multiple services.

You have the option to split these up into multiple.

The below kba describes how to do so.

1694041 - BI 4.x Consulting:- How to size the Adaptive Processing Server (APS)

If this is BI 4.1 you can also use the System Config. Wizard found on the CMC homepage.

However, the default single APS will contain all the services.

-Sid

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

The default APS would currently be hosting the DSL Bridge service.  As mentioned by Loic, the edit common services will display the list of services that are selected.

If you want to split the APS to host DSL bridge seperately, you can stop it and remove DSL bridge service from default and create a New APS by right clicking on the server list and select "Core Services" as Service Category and " DSL Bridge Service" as the service.

Regards,
Ambarish