cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking PDF files in Webi for Mobile Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Mobile Gurus,

This is not a new topic but I can't find the useful help from the existing discussions.

We have some PDF files in a Tomcat server (we can place them to other place if necessary) and try to view them from SAP Mobile (through Webi reports), we have tried different ways to build the link but can't make it work.  Can someone advise me how to set up the link?

We are in BO 4.1 which supports PDF on Mobile.

Thanks.

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You can create a hyperlink to an online PDF document like “http://www.kitco.com/reports/Hightower_Metals_Update_20141030.pdf

Now, this hyperlink document can be assigned to mobile category and opened in Mobi. Also you can use Open Document link from other content (say Webi) to open the same.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahutosh,

Thank you for your advice but this seems only work with the online document. If I want to view the PDF files in a Tomcat server, do I have to make the folder shared as a web online folder?  I was thinking that there must be a way to read the documents without making the folder shared to the public.

Your input is appreciated.

James

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

PDF support is not there for SAP Mobile BI App. However, the one I suggested is the workaround that can be used to show PDFs on mobile.

I do not see any other way of achieving that. The support is part of our Roadmap, however there are no committed timelines.

Regards,

Ashutosh