cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM is locking BP while using ITS transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have been facing this issue since quite long and yet to fix this. Could you please check and let me know if you are familier and any solution can help?

Issue:

We are calling backend transactions in CRM screen using transaction launcher. sometimes while accessing Business partner number, it is throwing error that "BP xxxxxxx is currently locked by you". I checked SM12 and found that there are entries created with my id for BUT000 table. from my initial analysis, it seems like somehow backend sessions are not cleared properly even though it is cleared from front screen.

we have tried to resolve the issue by applying some souples of notes, but no luck.

SAP_BASIS SAPKB73103 is the sap basis component of our system. we are facing this issue after we have upgrade kernel patch level from 215 to 228.

Could you please check once? please let me know if need more information.

Thanks,

Rajesh K Sahu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

No, we dont have any update program running as such. I also checked the MAX_PARALLEL_PROCESSES parameter with value 5, but still getting the same error.

FYI... we tried the same process by reverting back kernel the upgrade and it worked. So this kernel upgrade from 215 to 228 is causing hte problem of this locking issue. Coudl you please suggest further if we need to check any parameter?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Did you activated middleware job after upgrade from tcode SMWP ? Secondly it seems an system performance issue directly to me.I have experience after  kernel upgrade  immediatly if you check systme you will find the web ui is taking so much time and system performace also will be very low as the RFC call also will be very slow this is due to the standard packages which kernel needed to load in order to run system transactions. The loading takes some time may be more than 1 Hrs so  in case you checked just after upgrade than it's will be due to load program and Its a well known behavior of the system but in case not than  check which activity has make system busy and have slower down system as a result it's not unlocking transaction frequently.  Tcode SM50. I need some more detail.

Are you able to give me any program detail for example BPs only get locked while address update program such cases etc for more analysis in case you find.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I have not tested in Firefox. moreover we have some limitation to use IE8 version, so can not think of other browser right now.

Just FYI... this was working fine before kernel upgrade. Since the time we upgraded the kernel from 215 to 228, we are facing this problem.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Remove manually the locked entries is always an option, but we are looking for a permanent solution. Could you please suggest?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

By seeing your issue detail it seems the problem is happening frequently but happening for business partner in bulk as per SAP standard logic the tables alway will be locked while update process and will not unlocked in case the notification have not replicated to sourse system. so first thing I would like to check in replication in middleware SMW01 check the intermediate Bdocs for BUPA_MAIN.check the inboud outbound Queued for BUPA replication.

After upgrade I would like you to check  is there any update program is running becasue system performace may be the locking is happening due to system performace due to job load. specially I think the buffering is the main issue of the issue you had reported. check the system performace too.

Please check above thing and update.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please also check the parameter setting for MAX_PARALLEL_PROCESSES in table SMOFPARSFA what is the value maintained.It should be 5.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Have you checked SMQ1 ,SMQ2 entries for that transaction ? or else you need to remove manually the locked BP entries from SM12 transaction.

thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

just to add furhter, we are using IE8 browser. the issue is appearing on IE 8.

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

To me, this looks like a browser issue-if it is happening only while you try in webui. Did you check what is happening in firefox?. Do you have the same issue there as well.

Thanks,

Faisal