Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in EM web UI

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

We are facing a strange issue that on using  search criteria if we input fwo No or shipper ID in em web UI, there is no output obtained in the search result. Any guidance will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check in SE14 that you view ZV_<extension table name> is activated correctly. If you have made changes to your extension table then you may need to go back in to this view and regenerate it.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked the config and everything seems to be fine. Still when we input the shipper name in the EM web UI we do not get any output since there is no leading zeros either in config or in EH list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

1. If it the shipper name, can you try to enter "*" on the both side e-g *SHIPPER* or *shipper* or *Shipper*.

2. Check again configure field whether it is mapped correctly control or system or info parameter field of shipper name in EM Attribute ID, EM Object - EH Event Handler, Ev. Hand. Type - Assigned EH type in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Web Interface -> Configure Fields for User Profiles  ->Configure Fields for Selection.

3. Check in user profile whether it is has correct configured field in Selection Profile in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Web Interface ->Define User Profiles -> Selection Profile -> Select Selection Profile -> Check your configured field correctly assigned the same one shows in Step "2"

4. If above steps couldn't solve your issue, then please paste all above steps screen shot here to check what is wrong in it.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

for point 1, I have attached the error screenshot where we input the shipper name description, there is no output obtained.

For point 2, I am attaching the screenshot of the configuration where shipper description is the system info parameter

Kindly note that in EH list we are not getting any info related to shipper description created in point 2 in system parameter.

Lastly Z_shipper as per point 3 is maintained in selection profile details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Basically, the System parameter is not filling the data of Shipper name, so it is not populating in EH list and can't see in WebUI.

Do following things...

1. Go to SE11, Input your custom system parameter table

2. Check Z_SHIPPER, Field, Data element, Data type "CHAR" and Length has more (like 60 to 80)

3. Go to SE14, Input your custom system parameter table, select Tables, click edit, check status shows as "active", press F8 or click check, Select database object, press enter, you can see the results as Database object for XXXXXX is consistent .

fields and indexes should be consistent.

3. IMG ->Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Event Handlers -> Define Extensions to Event Handler Header -> Event Handler Header -> the custom extension table assigned to Ext. Table ID

4.IMG ->Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Event Handlers -> Define Event Handler Types -> Event Handler Types -> The extension table defined in Step 3 needs to assign in Ext. Table ID field.

5. If above steps already done, then remove extension table id and save the event handler (it may ask ABAP Access Key).

6. Reassign the extension table id in event handler and hit the enter button slowly one to three times, then it should ask ABAP access key and then save it.

If above steps couldn't solve your issue, then you need to manually debug with dummy data through /SAPTRX/BAPI_ADDEVENTMSG02.

Check and let me know the outcome.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I checked in SE11 I got all standard tables and no custom table is visible on F4.Kindly let me know are you hinting at extension table so that w ecan address this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Go to the event handler type config and you can see Ext. Table ID field where you can see event handler extension table (System parameter).

Go to Define System Parameters, find your Z_SHIPPER parameter, go to details and press F4 on Evt Hndl Header field to find all the links (like Field Name, Table Name and Ex. Tab ID).

Regards

GGOPII

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And then also check if the view ZV_<Extension Table Name> is active and has all the extension fields included correctly like Kevin proposed above.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

If I want to have freight booking type in the search result screen  I need to also complete :

2. Check again configure field whether it is mapped correctly control or system or info parameter field of shipper name in EM Attribute ID, EM Object - EH Event Handler, Ev. Hand. Type - Assigned EH type in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Web Interface -> Configure Fields for User Profiles  ->Configure Fields for Selection.

3. Check in user profile whether it is has correct configured field in Selection Profile in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Web Interface ->Define User Profiles -> Selection Profile -> Select Selection Profile -> Check your configured field correctly assigned the same one shows in Step "2"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

1. Go to /SAPTRX/EH_LIST and enter your event handler number

2. Go to header and find out whether FWO No or Shipper ID shows leading with zero.  If yes, then you need to enter exactly the same way e-g 00123456 not 123456 in SAP EM Web UI.  User always enter without leading zero in SAP EM WebUI.

3. If this is causing the issue, then go to IMG ->  Event management -> Event messages, Status queries, and Web Interface -> Configure fields for User profile --> Configure fields for Selection.

4. Select your configure field FWO No & Shipper ID and check the box "Lead. Zeros Ind." to remove leading zero in SAP EM Web UI search selection.

Check and let me know the outcome.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Make sure that the selection profile has a configured field with EH Type under the following path:

SPRO --> Event management --> Event messages, Status queries, and Web Interface

--> Configure fields for User profile --> Configure fields for Selection

Configured field = ZXXX_EH_TYPE

EM Attribute ID =  EVENT_HANDLER_TYPE

EM Object =  EH Event handler

Def. Value  =  your EH Type

Check this. If this is not done, please complete this and let us know if it works.

Thanks,
Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you haven't already try updating the web interface parameter dictionary by running transaction /SAPTRX/UCCF. Close your browser and try again.