cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access information spaces and Exploration View Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run into a problem.   we had a Business intelligence server setup as a proof of concept for analyzing data.  This was done by a 3rd party company and we no longer can use them as a resource.

Originally we were unable to view the information spaces and exploration views, unless the user is part of the administrators group.   I have been attempting to have a view only group created that would allow access.  

now i am getting the following error when trying to open an explorer view set (The view sets show in a list).

Failed to open the exploration view set

Can't load the information space. (PS 50300)

Failed to retrieve the exploration space 'cb06755b-7fab-4a21-b1ba-a41389bd5f59'.

This happens with all accounts.   Administrators group, built in administrator account and the everybody group.

We are using AD Authentication only on this server.

does anyone know what might have happened to remove access to the information spaces?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi, Jeff!

Me too, I've the same problem, but only when I promote an Infospace from an environment to another. I solved in that way: Manage Spaces. In "Source" (left bar) select the universe used for exploring, pertainig to the infospace, then select "Index Now". If the index processing ends successffully, the error doesn't occur anymore.

Claudio

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is the version you are using and is this built using Universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 4.1 SP4

and yes they created us a universe.

a connection string and information spaces connected to that. 

The odd thing is that we don't get any SQL errors when connecting.   the issue appears to be inside of Business Intelligence itself

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does your user got full authorization on the Universe or any restrictions? If any restrictions can you check with the user with full access on Universe, and still see same problem?

Is this Universe connecting to BW BEX query?

Thanks

Pavan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have any users that can access the information spaces.  

Administrator group.   the built in administrator account also can't access it.

it is a universe but not using a BW BEX Querry.

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One thing I would  test is to re-index the workspace and give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't seem to find where this workspace lives. 

I am very new to Business Intelligence  (3 Months)

I went to manage spaces in Explorer but there isn't anything there that points to the reports that i need to index.

here is what i am trying to have show.

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you select the universe it should list all information spaces created on that universe and you should see drop down next to each information space as in below example. Select Index Now

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.. so from what i can see.   my universes are created as UNX.   From what i can see the existing information spaces have gotten removed or lost.   is there a way to recover those spaces.   Currently when i click on the UNX universe i don't have any information spaces there.

is this something that needs to be recreated.    The odd thing is that i can see them in explorer view sets.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

another thing to mention.   as this was a 3rd party company that was accessing our system.  I have had their user accounts and access disabled.    would this affect the information spaces.   is there anything that would be connected to a user account on a win server and be broken from removing administration rights and AD accounts?

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Explore info space is the source for exploration view set. As your info space is missing there is no way that your exploration view can be viewed.

Or you may not be having rights to view the explorer info spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Please check the physical location of the information spaces in the BI Launchpad/CMC including the 'Favorites' folders of the OWNER users. By default the Information Spaces are stored in the Favorite folder of the USER and hence it might be not accessible from the other users.

As you have disabled the users which were the 'OWNER' of the Information Spaces, you are not able to see those information spaces. Check whether you can enable them and test the results.

Thanks,

Ashwin Poddar