cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Server 2013 error: Object faile to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a new install of Crystal Server 2013 on a windows 2008 R2 server.  I am able to load a Crystal Reports 2011 report to the server.  I can view it successfully so I know it is able to access the database, but when I schedule the report to run and deliver the report as a file or email it I receive the following error:  Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the job server.  I have restarted the job server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is this on Windows, if yes can you check if event viewer recorded any error?

can you also check the Adaptive job server trace for any out of memory  errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Can you view the sample crystal reports?

Please verify the driver type & version is supported.

Please change the prefernces for crystal report & check.

Regards,

Nisha

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

If you are getting the same error while trying to schedule either to File System or E-mail then most probably the configuration on the Adaptive Job Server is not done.

I would request you to verify the Destination property of the Adaptive Job Server and make sure you have added the File System and Email address. Once you click on "Add" you shall be able to configure it for destination.

-Ambarish-

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file system and email destinations are set up in the Job Server, but I continue to receive the same error.  Any suggestions on what to try?

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Is your SIA running on a local account or a domain account ? It should run with a domain account who has read and write access on the File System.

-Ambarish-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is using a domain account.  I verified that I was able to save a file to the same directory that Crystal Server is set up to write to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my original post I had indicated that I could view the report once it was loaded in to Crystal Server.  I am able to view the report, but when I refresh the report while in the view mode I receive the following error:  The viewer could not process an event. The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.  Error: CRWEB00000119.  I verified that I could view and refresh this report in Crystal Reports on this server.  Any ideas?

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could be issue with DB connection. What is the reporting DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQLExpress

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what options you have in CR report properties - DB configuration?

I guess you should check the DSN settings on your windows server

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susan ,

As per you description,

"I have a new install of Crystal Server 2013 on a windows 2008 R2 server.  I am able to load a Crystal Reports 2011 report to the server."

could you please clarify , if you have migrated the CR2011 to CR 2013 or

You are creating reports in CR 2011 and then uploading it to CR 2013?

It recommended that you your client and server version are on same version

Also , once you publish the reports you need to specify the DB credentials in the 'Database Configuration' of the Crystal report in CMC

Regards,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to run the report on the windows server so I know that the ODBC connections are set up correctly.  It just does not run within Crystal Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a new install of Crystal Server 2013.  I created the report in Crystal Reports 2011 and loaded the report into Crystal Server 2013

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Ok , so you are creating new report in CR 2011 client and uploading it to CR 2013 Server

Please try below and let me know if this helps

1. Downlaod CR 2013 designer client from Service market and then develop a report and publsih it to CR server 2013.

2. Once you develop the report

Open up Cenrtral management console ( CMC)

Navigate to the folder where report is , Right click -> Database configuration

Update the reporting DB information

Select "Use same Database when viewing" option

and save and close

Regards,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a Crystal Report 2013 report and loaded it to the Crystal Server 2013.  Still receive an the following error - The viewer could not process an event.  The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.  Error code:0{CRWEB00000119]

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you share a screenshot of your CR DB configuration properties screen?

And also can you check if you can ping the reporting DB host?

Thanks

Pavan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am able to ping the IP address of the database server.  I was not able to past the screen shot, but here is the DB config for the report:

DATA SOURCES:  Optimus

WHEN VIEWING AND SCHEDULING REPORT: use same database logon as when report is run

* USE CUSTOMER DATABASE LOGON INFORMATION SPECIFIED HERE.

DATABASE TYPE:   *Select a database driver - ODBC

SERVER: Optimus

DATABASE: Otpimus_Chippewa_Manor_Nursing_SNF

USER: reports

PASSWORD: *********

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hope the server name you specified is DSN created on your machine.

Check this http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1785722

and if the above steps doesn't work then keep database entry blank and give a try.

Thanks

Pavan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm that the crystal report gets refreshed fine in the CR client tool and then the same is exported to enterprise location?

I would suggest you to create a simple sample report and perform the same activity, if this does not work, do have a look in your RAS / CRPS and CRJS.

If possible create a new SIA node. Disable all original services and then run the CR reports. Let us know the behavior.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if your BO server talks to SMTP server? Check Job server logs for any specfic errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the job server set up to email.  How do I check if it is actually talking properly to the SMTP server?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I verified that the BO server s talking to the email server.  I have restarted the Job Server, multiple times.  Still receiving the same error.