cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are using sap MDM 7.1 SP06 for product repository and Material Number is the unique field..

Yesterday we were not able to load the repository and on checking logs we found the issue as Unique Constraint violated.. We removed the unique constraint and loaded back and found one record as duplicate... One was created on 11th and other on 12th.. record created on 11th was also updated on 12th again.

I wanted to know when we have set material number as Unique field the how come it was possible to create 2 records with same number..

Please let me know the reason so that in future we can avoid the same..

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Can you please tell us the unique constrain violation found and how you removed?

Thanks

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

The issue was found from logs... We used the repair option to remove the Unique constraint...

But my question was when we have the uniqueness set in MDM console how was it possible for a duplication of a record with same material number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

It could be possible that it was not that unique field at time of creating records and later you have initialized it as unique field. So that could voilate the unique constraint.

Thanks,

Shikhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

This issue can be fixed by adding a functionality called typographic similarity; You need to Enable Typographic Sensitivity...

There is one similar thread in SDN provided below -  please refer to it  for more details: 

Thanks